Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - th350 fairbanks kit down shift problems
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: T-350 rebuild tech
Last journal entry: Morris update 9-28-2014
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by bink32
im having problems with a fairbanks shift kit . i installed as per the instruction and made it full man valve body as per instructions. problem is it shifts great up shifting but will not manually shift back into first untill im almost at a dead stop. this is in a mud bog truck and i really need it to down shift under full throttle when needed. any suggestions?

Since I do not know how the Fairbanks kit is designed... and I doubt the kit is too different from a TransGo kit.

Is the governor used in the Fairbanks kit? Or is it eliminated?

Vacuum modulator used or removed?

My guess is the governor circuit is flooded and the trans will not bump back to first like it should. This happens in a TransGo kit install about 2 out of 10 times.

A hole is drilled into the governor circuit may help. About .065 size hole is a good size to start. Valve body removal is needed. Drill the hole in the circuit at the rear of the v-body is easiest

Last edited by Crosley; 07-31-2011 at 10:11 AM.