Hot Rod Forum banner

TH350 interchangable parts

866 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  gas_guzzler 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm looking at building up a couple th350s for small block chevs. Still waiting on my th350 book to arrive from america. I've bid on a very cheap th350 trans (advertised as chev) on the internet but he's just uploaded a photo and it appears its a BOP th350 (has the dip at top of bell housing). How much of the parts of this auto are interchangeable with what is in a chev auto? are they the same apart from bell housing?

#2 ·
gas_guzzler said:
I'm looking at building up a couple th350s for small block chevs. Still waiting on my th350 book to arrive from america. I've bid on a very cheap th350 trans (advertised as chev) on the internet but he's just uploaded a photo and it appears its a BOP th350 (has the dip at top of bell housing). How much of the parts of this auto are interchangeable with what is in a chev auto? are they the same apart from bell housing?
Pretty much all the same.

#4 ·
The B-O-P transmittins may have a different design pilot shaft and bushing where the input shaft ( pilot stub) and the out put shaft meet.

The out put shafts have the same size hole in them and accept a bushing metal design or plastic design insert... the input shaft pilot was larger on some of the B-O-P trans than chevy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.