TH350 shudder? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Transmission - Rearend
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 03:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

TH350 shudder?

I have an 81 C-10 with a 305 and a th350. I noticed the other day, that the pan gasket was leaking. So, I replaced the filter and pan gasket. Everything seemed fine. I have noticed now that I have a slight shudder when I accelerate gently. It almost feels like something small is rolling around in the bed of the truck. It shifts firm and down shifts like it did before. I should mention that my boss told me to run type-f fluid. Could this be the problem? My boss is a drag racing freak and he builds all of his own transmissions. I have type-f in my Camaro's th400 and it seems flawless.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red406
I have an 81 C-10 with a 305 and a th350. I noticed the other day, that the pan gasket was leaking. So, I replaced the filter and pan gasket. Everything seemed fine. I have noticed now that I have a slight shudder when I accelerate gently. It almost feels like something small is rolling around in the bed of the truck. It shifts firm and down shifts like it did before. I should mention that my boss told me to run type-f fluid. Could this be the problem? My boss is a drag racing freak and he builds all of his own transmissions. I have type-f in my Camaro's th400 and it seems flawless.
You didn't by some chance put the filter on 180 degrees out did you, this will starve it a little.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:14 PM

Last photo:

I use Type F and nothing but Type F in all my chevy trans. I doubt the fluid has anything to do with it
Old 10-10-2006, 04:08 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcantrellsr
You didn't by some chance put the filter on 180 degrees out did you, this will starve it a little.
I put the filter in the way it should go in. I didn't know the filter could be 180 off. I noticed today, that it only does this when it is warmed up? Could I have over-filled it? I'll check the fluid level again tomorrow.

Recent Transmission - Rearend posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.