Hot Rod Forum banner

TH350 Transgo Shift Kit Question

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
I have a question on the valve body gaskets for the Transgo 1-2 350 shift kit.I finished up on my TH350 rebuild today and I went to install the valve body using the gaskets supplied by Transgo.Both gaskets are same size unlike the stock gaskets which are different,one large for the case and a smaller one valve body itself.
I watched the Transgo installation video and it showed what looked like stock gasket placed on the case then the separator plate followed by support plate gasket then support plate.Next it shows a conforming gasket being placed on the valve body then installed on the transmission.
The thing is the Transgo gaskets are the same size only one has a like a Z cut in it.Heres how I installed the gaskets,can someone me check my out to see If did it right.
I put the check balls the case
I put the stock looking gasket down
Then the separator plate
The second valve body gasket with Z shape
The support plate gasket
Then bolted down support plate and put on the valve body.
Is this the right way.The instructions I got with the kit don't cover this.This might be a dumb question but this my first trans rebuild and first time using Transgo so want nip any possible problems in the bud.
Thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
if you look at the gaskets.. the Z cut in the one gasket matches the reinforcement plate.

If this Z cut was against the trans case , there would be multiple open passages cross linked to each other that should not be

#5 ·
Crosley said:
if you look at the gaskets.. the Z cut in the one gasket matches the reinforcement plate.

If this Z cut was against the trans case , there would be multiple open passages cross linked to each other that should not be
Thanks.I found is picture,this how I have the gasket installed.The Transgo kit also came with a gasket for under the support plate which installed I assume that's correct too.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.