Hot Rod Forum banner

Th375 Indentification

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  curtis73 
#1 ·
Hello again, my question is can anyone tell me what the tag on the side of my transmission means: 87-LAA-4172...I know its an 87 TH375 but is it a lock-up type converter, how do I tell? Computer controlled ect. ect.? What does the other letters and numbers mean? Came out of an 87 chevy pickup with a 4.3. Im swapping the 4.3 with a 383 stroker motor.

Thanks,
Scoops

#2 ·
Scoops said:
Hello again, my question is can anyone tell me what the tag on the side of my transmission means: 87-LAA-4172...I know its an 87 TH375 but is it a lock-up type converter, how do I tell? Computer controlled ect. ect.? What does the other letters and numbers mean? Came out of an 87 chevy pickup with a 4.3. Im swapping the 4.3 with a 383 stroker motor.

Thanks,
Scoops
If you do have a t-375 tranny , they never had lock up converters.

#6 ·
The wire goes to a switch that you can mount on the throttle or the accelerator pedal. Its a rotary switch that simply gives 12+ to that solenoid at WOT. Nothing special or voodoo, just a plain switch. Hit the junkyard and find pretty much any car equipped with a 400 or 375 and grab the kickdown switch and bracket off the carb. Polarity is not an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.