Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thanks Jon!!
Thread: Thanks Jon!!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

I think, unlike many other boards, our post count here is a good overall/general/inexact-but-still-pretty-useful estimate of each member's ability to contribute solid hotrodding knowledge to a group discussion.

While the argument could certainly be made that posts in the Hot Rod Art forum deserve to count towards overall post count, I've made the decision to keep the post count based on posts in our technical automotive discussion forums.

The same decision remains intact for the Hotrodders' Lounge. While the Lounge is now completely focused on non-technical automotive discussion, I still think it's reasonable to base post count points on where they really count -- in the tech forums.

If we start to see some high-end posts in the Lounge, now that we've altered it, or in the Hot Rod Art forum, then we can certainly adjust this in the future. Posts in these forums could count towards overall post count, or they could count as 1/2 posts, or they could constitute a separate non-tech post count, etc. But for now, I think the best move is to keep our post counts based on tech posts.