Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thanks? Or no thanks...
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I thought that there would be more response, with "38 permalinks", maybe it isn't that important to people on this site...and if you look at it, that's a good thing...people are giving advice and trying to help other people without needing to be thanked with a counter. Sites like this one help propagate the hobby and make sure that it stays alive and well and ensure that the next generation will not only follow in footsteps but create their own.

That being said, people are still looking for advice, no matter what age...I'm getting up there in age, I don't know everything. I joined to get advice from people that knew newer and better methods, had resources that I didn't know about and experiences that I could draw from. I read old threads and new to get more information and then investigate via internet, advice from local people in the industry and when I feel I understand enough to make an educated decision, I make my choice as to what I'm doing next.

The thank you button is not the do all or end all to determine if the advice your looking for should be taken, but, if the person getting a lot of "thanks" gives what appears to be good advice it is an indicator, and only an indicator as to their competency to give good advice, the rest is up to me.

It's a "thank you" button, sometimes when I've had a day that has had more snags than usual or just need a quick laugh to brighten a dull situation...I think that person who made me laugh should be thanked, it helped me and I want to acknowledge that.

So, do I feel that the "thank you" response button is valid, I vote yes.

And a "Thank You" to Poncho 62 for implementing it.

Best to all.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
123pugsy (11-27-2012)