Thanks to Tech @ BG Guy! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks to Tech @ BG Guy!

I know there has been a lot of controversy and bad mouthing of Barry Grant carbs.I just want to let everyone here know that our Tech @ BG guy has been very helpful to me.I told him the specs on my Big Block powered 86 Monte Carlo SS and he gave me his recommendation of one of BG's new annular booster Mighty Demon's.It arrived today,I partially dis-assembled it for a look-see,everything was OK.Took my old Holley off,put my new Demon on,and except for one minor leak at the rear sight glass,from an O-ring not quite seated right,cranked it over,pumped it once or twice,and away she went.Idles a lot better than before,has more bottom end punch,lots of top end,good driveability,and no leaks like my old carb.Just want to let everyone know how pleased I am with my purchase.I'll probably do a little more fine tuning,but " as is " it works better than the old Holley did.The Hot Rodders Bulletin Board is very lucky to have Tech @ BG here,I'm sure he is very busy,yet he takes time to help us out! Thanks Again.Guy Hiltz

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Chasing dreams with a ball bat

Last photo:

What was the reasoning behind the annular boosters?

Just curious. I have heard different versions and wonder what the truth really is.

I've heard the annulars have a better fuel atomization because of all the small holes in the inside of the booster.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Hotrodders.com Administrator

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7314

Keep in mind that a lot of the "bad mouthing" of Demon carbs on this board was discovered to have been incited by the owner of a hotrodding company with an agenda to bash Barry Grant, Inc. This is discussed in this thread: unknown poster unmasked.

The company owner had been secretly registering multiple memberships on the board in an attempt to undermine Demon carbs. Fraudulently using a communication medium (such as the internet) for financial gain constitutes wire fraud, a federal offense. We have IP address data to prove this, as well as an email in which the offender confesses to this crime.

Nevertheless, while this was going on, Tech@BG kept his head held high and was respectful, polite, and professional.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:46 AM
Chasing dreams with a ball bat

Last photo:

I would also like to publicly thank Tech @ BG as well.
I PM'd him for a carb recommendation, and he responded in like 2 minutes - which is better service than I could have dreamed of.

I placed the order just a couple minutes ago - can't wait to try it out!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:49 PM
1.21 giga-watts???!!!!

Man, I will say it over and over, Demon carbs are the best! If people would just CALL Barry Grant first and tell them there setup, they will get a carb that is right for their setup! MY 650 Speed Demon responds like fuel injection, idles like a champ, and is extremely responsive to the idle mixture screws. In other words, the perfect carb.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

A big thank you to everyone for all of your support. We’re not perfect, nor do we claim to be however our goal has been and continues to be to build a product that we’d be proud to buy.

We’re always open to any feedback both good and bad to improve what we are doing, and to give you what you need.

Thanks Again…

Everyone from Barry Grant, Inc.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.