And thats final! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

And thats final!

I decided to not think about the shape of the world and be oblivios toall the press B.S.Iam going to read about hot rods and get all the magazines I can like I did over the years but now I can get them all.Any one remember the little mags in the fiftys?I walked twelve miles into town to get them when I had no car.Sometimes I would get a ride and sometimes not.Just seeing those great rods was a simple reward then.Guess I musta got jaded over time.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,220 Times in 1,076 Posts
It is funny you should post this now. I used to buy every rod mag (back when there were only two!) in the seventies and eighties and read every page. The last number of years I don't buy a single one and I also don't get a single thing done on my rod out in the garage.

This past Thanksgiving weekend I spent at my bothers house which has no TV (or at least no ant) and read the piles of mags he buys. He had just about every one that you could buy, I read them all. I got fired up to go out in the garage like I havn't been in years. Having those things around keeps you enthused.

I am going back to reading the, I need to get back into the hobby and I am going to to hell with the "economy", 99% is simple work anyway, I don't need money for that!

Brian
Old 12-04-2008, 08:44 AM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

I like the goofy sense of humor Car Craft and JP has, and Muscle Car Review is an awesome read as well.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:46 PM

Last photo:

Martin Sr

I guess maybe thats what I need,some incentive to get me back at life and rods have been just that for me ,most of my liife.Those 25cent rod rags are 6 bucks now.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Glad To Be Here

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontanker
I guess maybe thats what I need,some incentive to get me back at life and rods have been just that for me ,most of my liife.Those 25cent rod rags are 6 bucks now.
Yep, if you can find any of the "little" mags (Rod & Custom, Car Craft & Hop Up), the prices are high.

They had more "How To" articles then as well.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Last journal entry: 4 months, nothing done...
Last photo:

my dad has a bunch of the "little mags" and lets me read them. mostly "car speed and style" mags in mint cond. in fact their is one on the desk in front of me (august, $0.25) and so is an issue of car toons. he also has about 4 bookcases filled with mags ranging from the 50s to nowadays. hes definatly a pack rat with car stuff. does anyone know about how much this stuff is worth today? just curious
Old 12-09-2008, 10:22 AM

Last photo:

oh boy

I nor anyone really knows but where is bushkill?I went to Hershey Hs a long time ago.IF you want to sell these mags I would certainly want them but value wise it would be a giant guess like most old hot rod stuff.So many current rodders never even saw these little magazines.The older uf us have though and couldnt somehow I am sure remember where they got to.You are very,very fortunate to have what you have and should leave this as a wonderful legacy to your children .But you can Gmail me if you want to sell.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:44 PM

Last journal entry: 4 months, nothing done...
Last photo:

bushkill is in the eastren part of the state, right by the delaware in the delaware national recreation aerea. pretty much a black hole as far as any media is concerned, but it does have the advantage of being right between hershy and carlisle out west, syracuse up north and island dragway & englishtown to the east in jersy, all these places are only a hour or 2 away w/o any traffic. like i said, the mags are my dads and i figure theyll be here foerever, not that i can complain if he does decide to sell, ill be short to let you know.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Last photo:

prescious reading

now I know where you are.I dragged at US 30 in York after I got back from California and I had a shop in Hershey Rod and Restoration.WOw I might have run into yor dad along the way.Now there is a big time shop in Hummelstown.There is not a better Thing than being part of hot rods that I know of.Glad to hear you guys will be keeping those mags.Like i say ,some things are too valuable in life to ever put a price on.See ya at carlile maybe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.