Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Engine (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/engine/)
-   -   Thermal switch values...? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/thermal-switch-values-130287.html)

okeesignguy 12-23-2007 04:15 AM

Thermal switch values...?
 
My car is a 30 Chevy 5 window coupe with no hood...I live in Florida...
The fan comes on at 225-230 and I want it to come on sooner...say, 195 or so...
It has the pipe thread type switch located in the intake manifold...

When I try to buy a switch for those temps, the local parts stores tell me that they arent labled (packaged) that way,,,they are labled in ohms...
what ohm value do I need?

thanx for any help given...

66bowtie 12-23-2007 05:12 AM

Thermal switch
 
If you go to http://www.summitracing.com/ and do a search for thermal switch or fan switch you'll get a lot of choices for the temp.

okeesignguy 12-23-2007 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66bowtie
If you go to http://www.summitracing.com/ and do a search for thermal switch or fan switch you'll get a lot of choices for the temp.

thanx...however I was hoping to go buy one local...

okeesignguy 12-23-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okeesignguy
thanx...however I was hoping to go buy one local...


well...I gave up and ordered one from Sumitt....thanx for your help!

abuseddog 12-23-2007 11:24 AM

Sorry, I did not see yor thread until it was to late.

I thought I would post this in case it helps somebody else. It's not a true temp switch for fans but I have found the values transpond to all switch's. If nothing else it would be something to cross refrence in the parts books list in ohm's.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ermoswitch.jpg

automtive technology. canadian edition. james halderman.....credit given

okeesignguy 12-24-2007 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abuseddog
Sorry, I did not see yor thread until it was to late.

I thought I would post this in case it helps somebody else. It's not a true temp switch for fans but I have found the values transpond to all switch's. If nothing else it would be something to cross refrence in the parts books list in ohm's.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ermoswitch.jpg

COOL! Thanx very much...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.