Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thermostat bypass on Vortec conversion
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:12 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmgarage View Post
Thats what I was afraid of. Do you think if I put on a clutch fan with a shroud it would be sufficient? Although I only have 4 3/4" from the water pump pulley surface to the radiator. I am not sure I can get a fan short enough with the clutch.
I doubt that would work, the problem is one of areas (tube to fin contact and fin to air) If it won't cool with 60-70 mph air flow through the core from the vehicle's motion, it is not likely that any fan that fits the available space can do as well let alone better.

What is the vehicle? I get the feeling we're talking a older design with a vertical flow radiator. These can be a problem where space for the cooling system is concerned. These older machines had trouble keeping the 100 horse power engines of their day cool. Admittedly we have a lot more Rocket Science available, but it still is not easy to provide adaquate cooling within the available space.

Bogie