Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thermostatic Air Cleaners & Smog
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 03:28 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Busy weekend, but I'm back to it now.

I don't think my truck has the right air cleaner on it. In the current configuration it wouldn't be able to run a foil tube from the air cleaner to the heat shield very easily. Everthing else looks to be in place and working, although I am going to go through it meticulously once I get this air cleaner figured out and working, it seems to be my only "missing" equipment

I was going to bite the bullet and simply buy a new replacement, figuring it would be a pretty common design into the 80's... But no. So I will make this one work. Anyone know of a bolt on fix by any chance? I am in apartments, and quite limited on what I can do.

I was thinking of looking for a bolt on heat shield riser (basically a heat shield that is made to fit the foil tube) that I've seen on many older vehicles, but can't remember what kind of vehicles had them. Hopefully many vehicles with 350's had them, and hopefully they should fit on my exhaust manifolds (400 cid), correct?

On another note, found out it is missing two intake bolts

Getting on that one while I chew on the air cleaner situation, any ideas are greatly appreciated