Are they basically similar "Swap"?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Are they basically similar "Swap"??

A friend has swapped a couple of S-10's from v6 to v8's and says the swap is similar to 3rd. Geneartion Camaro v6 to v8 swaps. I trust him to help in my swap(3.1 v6 auto to 400cu.in v8/Turbo 400) but wonder if they are? Also reading some of the other post regarding "Subframe Connections" and wonder if that would be needed for basically a "Cruisng/Show & Shine" car. Yeah, that's my "91RS" on going project. Would appreciate as much info as possible!
Later,
Jer.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM

Last photo:

If you plan on running it hard, I'd put in subframe connectors. You can make them yourself using 2x3. They will intrude into the rear floor where it dips down for the rear seat foot well. If I remember right, they basicaly extend from inside the rear trailing arm box, straight to the raised portion under the drivers feet and right angle out to the front subframe with 2x2 (near the front of the door). I bought a set back in '83. It's been awhile. Where they tie in up front is where you would put in the front attachment for the door bar on a 6 point roll bar.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM

Last photo:

In early 3rd gens the torque arm tied to the trans tailshaft (just lke the Vega). This worked well until you put slicks on the car. The torque would try to lift the tailshaft until the rubber trans mount tore in half and the trans would bang against the floor on shifts. The fix was to build a mount off the trans x member to hold the torque arm. If yours is like this, keep an eye on the trans mount. This is critical if you end up with close radiator to fan clearance.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.