think i gotta problem with my 289 - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
WFO

Last wiki edit: Intake manifold
Last journal entry: 1980 Malibu Wagon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1616

Quote:
Originally Posted by whinny
cobalt 327, many thanks for replies, i procrastinted enough, went and saw my mechanic yesterday, took me so long coz i thort my motor was gone.He told me exactly what cobalt said, some line sucks up atf into motor.Getting towed to shop tomorrow.Said a small job 300 to 400 bucks? Just cant wait to get my stang back and cruising again.Even the wif misses her, even though when i first got my car, she was so mad at me, after about 6 months she loves my car as much as me now!

later gator
russ
If the modulator is bad (<$20) and the line also needed replaced (<$20) or cleaned out w/carb spray and compressed air (<$5), and it needed a set of plugs, mainly just because (~$15-$25), I would wonder why it will cost you $300-$400 for the repairs- if it is just the modulator. That is a lot for labor, IMHO. My prices are US, and does not include labor.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 01:19 AM
66 mustang

Wiki Edits: 0

dam thats cold, i would get into a sad state of depression if i lived there, some my mates love the cold and snow, i just love the rays on my back as i cruise in my stang through the warm periods we get.Was 15 deg celsius here today, we in second week of spring, just waiting on all the blossom to grow, will post a pic of a tree i have, when it blossoms its so awesome.Great day here today
Old 09-15-2010, 01:23 AM
66 mustang

cheers for that cobalt, might go get another price? my prices are nzdollar which is very weak at the moment.I never heard of this problem before, sure had me stumped.I do know that a guy who brings parts in from usa told me dont lose ya stang petrol cap on the back of car, told me 2 or 3 years ago they worth $600.???

later gator
russ
Old 09-15-2010, 05:53 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale
Here in the Northern rocky Mountains near Yellowstone park they say we have 6 months of winter then 6 months of poor snow ski weather . 2 weeks ago, middle of june. It froze a lot of stuff in the garden.
I grew up not far from there.
They way I understand it
Early winter
winter
late winter
Next winter
Old 09-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Jeeze and I thought the Canadians had it bad ...I know the extreme cold,I'm from Maine and upstate NY,and I know extreme heat and trust me when I say I rather be too hot that to cold....if our AC takes a dump it'll get uncomfortable but when your heat goes out people can die....and why does that dam snow plow always come by your house just when you finish shoveling the driveway,it never fails.you ever had a mound of slush freeze(ice ramp)at the end of your driveway that was froze solid and you were late for work so you decided to drive over it ??? Maaan, 6 feet of air easy...Better than ten cups of coffee to wake you up....feels like one of the Duke boys drivin the General Lee ,yeehaa......I moved south and havent missed that stuff one day in 25 yrs ...BRRRRRRR

Last edited by deadbodyman; 09-15-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:37 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Jeeze and I thought the Canadians had it bad ...I know the extreme cold,I'm from Maine and upstate NY,and I know extreme heat and trust me when I say I rather be too hot that to cold....if our AC takes a dump it'll get uncomfortable but when your heat goes out people can die....and why does that dam snow plow always come by your house just when you finish shoveling the driveway,it never fails.you ever had a mound of slush freeze(ice ramp)at the end of your driveway that was froze solid and you were late for work so you decided to drive over it ??? Maaan, 6 feet of air easy...Better than ten cups of coffee to wake you up....feels like one of the Duke boys drivin the General Lee ,yeehaa......I moved south and havent missed that stuff one day in 25 yrs ...BRRRRRRR

Ahhh baloney!! You really miss us up here in the normally frozen tundra of Upstate NY/Saratoga County.

Heck - we haven't even had too much frost or snow yet (tonight, maybe in the Saranac Lake area ). It was 95+ last week, this morning - 43 on my back porch!!!

Dave W
Old 09-15-2010, 07:52 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Holly crap Dave ...Already???? My A/C kicked on an hour ago and its set at 80.
I gotta admit it was fun to grow up there...dirt bikes ,cars, lake george in the summer snowmobiles and sking in the winter plus beer never gets warm and theres just something about walking with your favorite girl when its snowing that cant be compared with anything else...I guess that accounts for why I have eight grandkids at 50 my poor ole mom was always worried about me making her a grand mother but she never dreamed of being a great one....my son likes walks in the snow too...My southern bell wife was simply awestruck at the beauty of the Adirondacks and shes never even seen them in the snow yet

Last edited by deadbodyman; 09-15-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.