Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thinkin about the HF Purple Spray Gun 43430 it's on sale
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 09:51 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

TT66, This has been discussed a bunch in the body/exterior section and the general opinion is that it will do a great job, just do a search on 43430 and maybe- purple gun (that's what most of the guys call it) and you will see what I mean. On the advice of some of the guys here I bought a couple of those things and I found they will lay down paint about as slick as you can hope for and even though I now have an IWATA pro type gun I still use my "purple guns" sometimes. Be warned they are air hogs and need about 15 CFM to work properly and to perform to their best they need to be set to a higher pressure than recommended, I use about 40 PSI at the gun. At first I was a bit disappointed with the quality, both wrenches broke trying to remove the tips on them before using them the first time. I then discovered that this seems to happen to most of them and once you get that danged thing off it will not be a problem anymore, I can't imagine why they send those things that tight. I have had mine for a couple of years now and other than that tip problem (more of an annoyance than a problem) I have found them to be well worth the cost and if you are doing BC/CC paint they do a really good job on the clear once you get the adjustments pinned down.