Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thinking of moving to USA
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2005, 03:57 PM
go fast, turn left!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Canada is a great place to live but it is sure hard to not want to go south when we watch all the tv shows and are so influenced by the US culture. I have been all over to the states and have many friends here and there. Once you get out of the city centres its not a lot different than Canada except you better have good heathcare. I think the biggest thing that makes us want to move south is the idea of taking home a lot more of your money than you do here. It's like anything in life, you have to put all the pluses from both countries in a pot and figure out what suits you best. I sure would like to work down there for a couple of years but I would miss Canada.

One thing I have always noticed in the states is there are a lot of wealthy people and quite a lot of very poor people but not a lot in the middle.

What kind of salary do you think you need in the US to live comfortably? I know that in Canada $45-60K a year is pretty good but you can't have a lot of toys.