Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - THM 200 downshift
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

THM 200 downshift

I was wondering if there are any adjustments to make, or if I just need to overhaul the trans to get it downshifting at appropriate times.

My complaint is not the forced downshift, that still works fine (as the car's manual says, at 1/2 throttle under 40 mph and full throttle under 70 mph). The trans doesn't seem to downshift when I am at very low speeds. Mostly when I brake to turn a corner, all the way down to 5 mph, I'll still be in 3rd gear with the 2.41 rear trying to accelerate up a hill. Most of the time I just pull the column shifter into 2nd, but I can't believe this is working properly. It also doesn't seem economical if I have to floor it every time I turn a corner.

The TV cable is adjusted properly, and the trans still shifts fine. It'll hold out in 1st and 2nd appropriately if I start from a dead stop. Occasionally I notice a slight slip between 2-3 during slow accelerations, but the trans does have almost 150k original miles on it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Michael