Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Transmission - Rearend (
-   -   Thm-400 In G-body (

oldsmo 05-31-2006 09:46 PM

Thm-400 In G-body
i am about to pull a THM-400 for my g-body. I wanted to know what I have to do for the drive-shaft(lenthwise and do most yokes yous the same u-joints as original)? I will be taking the slip yoke that came with the trans. OH yeah what tail-shaft should I be looking for. I pretty sure when you use a THM-350 you use the 6" tail but I am not to familiar with the 400.. Is the 200r4 torque convertor interchangable.

Thanks for any advise!!!!

jakeshoe 05-31-2006 10:34 PM

You will want the short tailhousing. You're crossmember should work with minor mods, you will need a TH350/TH400 converter, the 200-4R will not interchange.
You also need the larger yoke, 32 spline.

oldsmo 05-31-2006 10:38 PM

damn I knew it. Just paid 400 for my convertor last year. Crossmember is a G-force 2004r/400.

oldsmo 06-02-2006 11:34 PM

Anyone else have any suggestions???

Crosley 06-03-2006 07:14 AM


Originally Posted by oldsmo
Anyone else have any suggestions???

For what?

jakeshoe mapped it out for you..... t-400 use the short tail housing unit.

Yoke is larger 32 spline unit.... U-joints depend on what yoke you buy, still may not match your current drive shaft.

Drive shaft will need to be modified

Cross member will need work.

200r4 convert will not work in t-400

oldsmo 06-03-2006 10:05 AM

thanks then Jakeshoe.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.