Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Thnk you F bird
Thread: Thnk you F bird
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Proud LOSER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

77 Vette, pulled out of a field after 7 years, paint is trash, but had a stock 350 reman put in just before it got parked, new ish interior, I decided to throw a bunch of left over and junk parts at it and see if I could make it fun for no money. Had a set of 416 heads laying around, followed f-birds tutorial and spent about 40 hrs porting them, had the machine shop install bigger intake valves, bought a small lunati cam in pursuit of torque, ported an old performer intake to match heads, 1" Carb spacer, and threw the stock reman Qjet back on. It has 411 gears and good lord, today was my first drive, and it works.......well.....real well....figured out that headers to 6" dynomax bullet in front of 3" sidepipes is indeed way too loud....also discovered that the dumb rubber intake end gaskets musdta slipped and leak like a seive....so will address that this week....It has a bunch of autometer guages, Hurst pistol grip shifter, and a flat black L88 hood on a yellow car, best of all I have maybe 3500 in the entire deal Inc the car.....and about 700$ in this little junkyard jewel.....that's my story.....