Thomson Education Direct High School Program - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thomson Education Direct High School Program

I'm not posting this for myself..This is for my dad.I wanted to get that clear...

Dad dropped out of school when he completed the 8th grade,and now with threats of his factory laying off 1,250 workers out of 1,400,he wants to get his high school diploma so he can just go back to work somewhere in case he gets laid-off.I started searching on the net for something,and I found that Education Direct has a program to get your high school diploma at home without ever going to a class.It's $600,and you get EVERYTHING that you need.They said that you could complete the program in less than a year if you worked at it enough.Everything is open-book..So there's nothing to really worry about as far as not passing.You just need a basic knowledge of things I guess you could say.

Dad's employer,Leroy Somer,makes generators for Caterpillar.Caterpillar has gotten to where they won't buy a generator unless it has Kato's name on it.Just as a point of reference,Kato's are some HUMONGOUS bastandoes.Dad said that some of the smallest ones were the size of a mini-van.Since these chunks of lead are so big,it will take 1-2 days to complete just one.So,they don't need all of those 1,400 employees that they have now to do the work.I reckon that they only need 150.Of course,I can see why.

This has gotten dad really depressed and worried about what he's going to do.I think that I'm going to pay for it if he'll do it.I figure that's the best that I could do.I wish that I could do more though .He's been there for 26,going on 27 years.

If anyone knows ANYTHING about this program..Please let me know.He might not be one of those to get laid-off,but he does need his HSD to get a job just in case.Let me know!

Jacob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2003, 07:36 PM

My step son has taken the course you are speaking of and the best I can tell you is that it IS a nationally accredited program. You can take your tests which are in the back of the booklets online(prefered) or you can send them in. If you want any other info let me know and I will see what I can find out.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:44 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:

Thanks syclone.They are REALLY accredited.I wanna say that they're about as accredited as a regular high school.Which,I guess they are..Except you don't have to go to class.

Jacob
Old 08-12-2003, 10:00 PM
il enforcer

Re: Thomson Education Direct High School Program

As someone else metioned it is nationally acredited BUT does the potential employer consider it good enough? My mom works for Telco and a home study diploma is not acceptable. You have to have a provincial diploma. As a private business they can have any requirement they want.

I got one and it has proven useless. I had to get my provincial diploma before I could go to post secondary school.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:08 PM
Blue Oval Finatic

Last photo:

Re: Re: Thomson Education Direct High School Program

Quote:
Originally posted by CET
I got one and it has proven useless. I had to get my provincial diploma before I could go to post secondary school.
When I called,they told me that he would be able to do any job that required a High School Diploma.

Does living in Canada have anything to do with it on your part CET? (That was not meant as a slur..Just a question.)

Jacob

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.