Hot Rod Forum banner

Those amazing diesels

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  CruisingRam 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I saw the most bada$$ diesel truck that I have ever seen a few days ago. It was an older dodge 5.9 with compound turbos. It had an HX40 on top and a BIG Garrett down under. He had an injection pump from an 8.3 cummins pumping 1100cc of fuel and making 100psi of boost. It was rumored to make 700HP.

It was a pulling truck and was just bad. He hooked to the sled and outpulled most of the econorod(500-600 HP big Fords) tractors. Tractors have a huge weight and traction advantage, but this truck pulled the sled so fast it got the upper hand. It shot a solid black plume of smoke out of the single 5 inch stack about 30ft in the air. Untill you have seen one pull, you cant imagine the power.

Chris

#4 · (Edited)
They are something. Looks like the video is of a bunch of amateurs by the HP vs TQ rating.
The 1/4 mile stock record holder is from stock bridge GA in a dodge.
My boy has a 4 door F250 and with out propane or nitrous is running
low 12.3's-12.7 in quarter. It funny that a 7,000 lb truck can run *** for tat with my other sons Corba in the quarter. (who ever gets best jump, wins)
10 sec's is getting the norm but you need a 4 wheel drive to do it, even with slicks my boys 2 wheel drive just won't go any faster because of traction problems.

Like I tell him:
You know your a ******* when you drive to the racetrack and than put slicks on your 7000 lb pickemup.

Just checked with the kid, the record for stock is 138.?? mph in quarter for stock truck, by Jeff Garman last year in new dodge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.