Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Are those mile long sanding blocks a gimmick?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:43 AM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Practice pratice is what I am saying these days, with whatever one you are using.. Just as the old guys got used to using possibly shorter blocks on longer cars.. todays guys are possibly using longer blocks on shorter cars.. go figure..

I used a 24" Durablock on the roof of the Mach 1, and after talking to Aaron went back over it with a 11" one I dont have a 17" one, anyways and completely reblocked it..I had one slight wave dead in the center that was not going away and I did not feel it until I started sanding with 320.. go figure.. the rest of the roof felt perfect and rounded etc.. , so after a long evening of blocking and the unfortunate "bringing out of the hammer and dolly" again, I got it..

Im taking my 24" Durablock to JCCLARK and let him put it on one of his saws and whack it down to 18"... You need 3 hands to hold that longer board properly over a really long surface.. at least this is my findings so far