Thoughts and Prayers for 35 Terraplane - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Dave and Gang, here's Karen's latest update from Facebook:

PTL! ! We are making progress. The doctors kicked Bob out of the hospital and transferred him to a care center in Crosby today. Now rehab starts- PT, OT & Speech therapy. No need for more dialysis yet. Will update CaringBridge later.

Don't know yet but the speech therapy might indicate a possible T.I.A. - - Karen's CB post should be more detailed. She is really caring a huge load and we worry about her as well so please keep them both in Y'alls thoughts and prayers.

Em
Thanks Em.. I been waiting to hear some news if he is talking yet before I call him... Been worried about them both... But I do know God has his hands over both of them.. Let us know when it's Ok to call Em..

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

I sure will, Randy, having to have speech therapy makes me think it may be a while but it would be a good time to dominate the conversation wouldn't it??? hahahaha

I too have been worried about both of them and praying as hard as I could.

Em
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I sure will, Randy, having to have speech therapy makes me think it may be a while but it would be a good time to dominate the conversation wouldn't it??? hahahaha

I too have been worried about both of them and praying as hard as I could.

Em
Thanks.. Them prayers have a lot of Power behind them..We just have to BELIEVE...
Old 01-24-2013, 08:40 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

I've been off here for a few weeks!!! I was In Alabama and didn't see this W.R.!!!!

Sorry I'm late in a prayer and lit candle !!! I wish him the best!!!!

Jester
Old 01-25-2013, 05:43 AM

Last photo:

Thanks Jester !

Here is the latest and more informative update from Karen:
It has been a really frightening and stressful two plus weeks… but I rest confident that prayers will be answered! Some were answered. Thank you, LORD! And thank you for all your prayers! Bob had dialysis 5 days in a row, taking off 20 liters of fluid – about 45 pounds. It made Bob frail and he lost his voice – not to mention the last dialysis run on Saturday when they called a Code Blue as his pulse shot to 141 and he was having chest pains. Thankfully, no heart attack, but his veins nearly “dried out.” The good news is (answered prayer #1) that the doctors think Bob’s kidney is working well enough now that he will NOT need dialysis on an outpatient basis – for now. I guess they have ordered some follow up tests that will give them a better idea of his kidney function. I haven’t seen the discharge orders yet. Bob had a stress test Monday evening and Bob said that the doctors told him his heart was as healthy as a horse (answered prayer #2). The resident today said that the left side is good and the right side is still enlarged but there were no lesions, which is evidently a good thing. When I left last Sunday, Bob was on clear liquids as his bowels were blocked and not working. Wednesday he was on solid foods again – so the bowels & ileostomy are functional (answered prayer #3).

The doctors released Bob today and transported him to Crosby to the CRMC Transitional Care Unit. Bob cannot stand, walk or even lift his legs off the bed sheets yet, so I would have had a really tough time getting him in/out of the car. He is settled into his room and some of the staff were already joking with him. His last nurse at UMMC said his sense of humor resurfaced on Wednesday. Bob’s problems from 11 days ago are still not resolved – he still can’t void without the help of a catheter and he is very weak. Hopefully when therapy starts, that will help. Meanwhile I pray the staff will be understanding and not brush him off as he complains that his bladder is full and he can’t void on his own. The doctors ordered physical, occupational and speech therapy. My prayer for this is that Bob will work with them and not fight them this time.

Thank you for all your notes, emails, FaceBook comments,etc. They make us stronger knowing we have such ample support! God bless you! Karen

I realize that I am sharing a lot of "personal" information with Y'all and may be sharing more than I need to, however, I know that some of you are close friends as Dave, Randy and myself are and would want to know. Also some of you maybe not get Karen's Caring Bridge updates as we do so I decided to go ahead and share all of this with Y'all.

I did receive an email from Karen saying that I could call now because he needed to exercise his voice but he might not feel like talking so I plan on calling later today but I will insist that he not over do it and tell me if he's not up to it.

Em
Old 01-25-2013, 08:04 AM

Last photo:

Great news...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:16 PM

Last photo:

More good news.

I tried to call Bob around 2pm today but got no answer and then the phone rang about 3:45pm and it was him calling me. Surprisingly he sounded much better than I expected but after about 20 minutes his voice got tired so we hung up. I'll probably call him again on Sunday afternoon.

I passed all of the well wishes to him and told him to expect a call from you, Dave and Randy, but I'm sure there's no hurry 'cause he's very weak and he'll be there a while.

Have a great weekend, Y'all.
Em
Old 01-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,319 Times in 1,145 Posts
That is such good news!

Brian
Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 AM

Last photo:

Latest from Karen:
(Sunday Morning)

Visited Bob at the transitional care center and he seems to be hanging in OK. Had PT today - but no OT. I can't seem to get a copy of the discharge orders from the staff so I can see what was ordered by the U - it's frustrating. Bob's voice is better; his appetite is poor; his kidney seems to be working well (PTL!); he alternated between being cold then hot. I have concerns about his care - the staff doesn't understand or take seriously some issues - such as his healing amputation site and the need for him to have his BiPAP on EVERY hour he is sleeping (his heart is stressed when he does not wear it and I ENSURED the cardiac team that he wears it EVERY night - which he does at home... but not last night!) I've started my LIST of concerns.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:45 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Thanks for the update Em. I think it goes without saying that we are all pulling for him in our thoughts and prayers!!

It seems like we are beginning to see the effects of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 AM

Last photo:

I was hopeing to try and call him when I get back from chruch today... Look's like he has a great lady by his side as well as a bunch of hotrodder friends.. Hang in there Mr Bob... You sure are one tuff guy.. You to Mrs Karen.. God has his hands over both of you..Randy
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I was hopeing to try and call him when I get back from chruch today... Look's like he has a great lady by his side as well as a bunch of hotrodder friends.. Hang in there Mr Bob... You sure are one tuff guy.. You to Mrs Karen.. God has his hands over both of you..Randy
If you do talk to him send me an email or PM me and let me know if you think he's up to another phone conversation. And, YES, he is very fortunate to have Karen as his "soul mate" and care giver. She is a fine Christian Lady that doesn't believe in the word "can't".

Em
Old 01-27-2013, 10:43 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
If you do talk to him send me an email or PM me and let me know if you think he's up to another phone conversation. And, YES, he is very fortunate to have Karen as his "soul mate" and care giver. She is a fine Christian Lady that doesn't believe in the word "can't".

Em
Will do..

That word don't exist in my life either..
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Last photo:

Just got off the phone with Mr.Bob... Guy we need to keep these prayers coming.. He said he's ready to go home and finish his streetrod... He's going through some tuff times right now.. Keep believing guy's..
HE WILL GET THROUGH THIS !!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
lt1silverhawk (01-28-2013)
Old 01-28-2013, 12:24 PM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Been off the forum for a few weeks, so I completely missed this thread. Thoughts and prayers to both Bob and Karen. God be with you both. Em, Dave and Randy, thank you for the continued updates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.