Thoughts and Prayers for 35 Terraplane - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

New update on Mr.Bob..

Mrs. Karen posted this on there site..

Bob is doing better - not wonderful, but better. He still can't sit up, roll over or raise his legs... but PT and OT are working with him daily. We don't know the cause of the muscle weakness and I've asked the doctor to check for a metabolic cause - it just seems strange that he could walk (with his walker) one day and the next day he fell twice because his legs were so weak. His arms seem OK. He can't get comfortable as he can't shift himself around either in bed or sitting up in a chair. At least he can sit up - last week even that wasn't happening!

His kidney seems to be functioning well... and for that I am truly thankful! His appetite is better, but he says today he can't taste anything. He was having issues with his BiPAP but I think they are resolved. Dr. Greatens (pulmonologist) adjusted the pressure and he got a smaller mask. (After losing all that fluid weight the other mask didn't fit tight to his face.) Hopefully he will be able to sleep tonight. He hasn't slept in 3 nights.

He asked me to bring him my laptop so he could watch the Minnesota Gophers' basketball game tonight... the Care Center doesn't carry the Big Ten Network anymore, I guess! So, hopefully he will be able to watch it on the laptop. Thank goodness for technology. With his reduced immune system (from the transplant drugs) he doesn't want to be around the other residents - so many of them are coughing... doesn't want to catch anything - so his entertainment comes from TV and phone calls... and hopefully a basketball game!

Thanks for all those phone calls! He sure enjoys talking to you who have called. Keeps him in touch with the "outside world!" Thanks too for all the prayers!

Blessings to you all, Karen

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 PM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Thanks Randy, I talked with him about 30 minutes this evening and he sure does sound good to be in the shape he's in. He's determined to GTH outa there so that's a real good sign. At least to me it is.

He still gives me as hard a time as he always has and cuts me no slack and that's also a good sign - - - - I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:11 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

One of these days I am gonna have to get home B4 it is WAY too late in Minn 4 me to call him again..

I just got back from a buddy's place and it is after 9:00 PM here, so it is after 11:00 PM there and he needs his "beauty sleep"!

Maybe tomorrow I can call him again when I get back from the dentist (early afternoon)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

I was just talking to him a few minutes ago.

He is, as usual, arguing with his therapists about who gets to order who around.

However he seems to have arrived at a compromise with his physio, who even had him up and walking today (with parallel bars) and he will be up and using a walker in the hallway tomorrow.

The only thing that scares him is falling and breaking a leg again like he did last year.

He says he needs a knee replacement but due to his diabetes, healing takes SO long that it is not likely to happen.

he seems in good spirits and is trying to escape to get home.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM

Last photo:

Looking more and more like I will have to go get my friend WR and me and him will just have to go get him AGAIN !!!!!

I guess it's about time to get the car ready for a little road trip !!!!....
WR !!!! Get your stuff ready !!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture_015_Edited_2.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	70972  
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM

Last photo:

Just in case we have some new guy's that's not sure where I'm going with this... Read this and it will fill in ALL the blanks.. You will have to read it until the end to get in.. A little fun we was having to lift Mr.Bob up last time this happen.. 35terraplane gets bad news
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave57210 View Post
However he seems to have arrived at a compromise with his physio, who even had him up and walking today (with parallel bars) and he will be up and using a walker in the hallway tomorrow.
Now THAT is some good news, Dave, and thanks for the update. I believe that once Bob makes his mind up to get this rehab in gear and do what's the physio tells him, then things will start taking a "Positive Note". Praise the Lord !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Looking more and more like I will have to go get my friend WR and me and him will just have to go get him AGAIN !!!!!

I guess it's about time to get the car ready for a little road trip !!!!....
WR !!!! Get your stuff ready !!!!!!

I promised him I would get him some "mud bugs" this year so we may have to pull a trailer also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Just in case we have some new guy's that's not sure where I'm going with this... Read this and it will fill in ALL the blanks.. You will have to read it until the end to get in.. A little fun we was having to lift Mr.Bob up last time this happen.. 35terraplane gets bad news
Those were certainly some good times weren't they?
Reminded me of some Jam Sessions where everyone is on the same page.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Now THAT is some good news, Dave, and thanks for the update. I believe that once Bob makes his mind up to get this rehab in gear and do what's the physio tells him, then things will start taking a "Positive Note". Praise the Lord !

I promised him I would get him some "mud bugs" this year so we may have to pull a trailer also.

Those were certainly some good times weren't they?
Reminded me of some Jam Sessions where everyone is on the same page.
I never laugh that hard in my whole life...
Old 01-31-2013, 07:27 PM

Last photo:

I can't believe I just went back to that link and read every post !
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Memories !
Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I can't believe I just went back to that link and read every post !
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Memories !
I can say this much,,, If your having a bad day,, Read that thread and it will make you feel better....
Old 01-31-2013, 08:05 PM

Last photo:

Wish I had left my Pics in my Photobucket account now - - - - :-(
Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Wish I had left my Pics in my Photobucket account now - - - - :-(
Still have all mine...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM

Last photo:

Latest Update on Bob from Mz. Karen

Bob appears to be doing a little bit better each day. The doctor took him off the "statins" that he started taking last October to see if they are contributing to the muscle weakness and pains. After a couple of weeks the doctor will assess risk/benefit. He has gained enough strength to start to roll himself in bed and be able to stand and take a few steps.

Bob's transplanted kidney seems to be working well (answered prayer - PTL!). The doctor had the catheter removed and Bob's bladder is starting to kick back in too - slowly.

More good news is that after the echo-cardiogram, the doctor told him that the right side of his heart looks better than it did before the fluid came off. The stress is less. The enlargement has reduced. His heart is better! Thank you, LORD! One more of my/our prayers answered

Surgeon, Dr. Sean Roberts, looked at Bob's amputation site (R little toe last June 1) and said it looks good - that the excess fluid no longer pressing on it should speed up the healing... just keep it coverd and let it heal!

Thank you all for your support - for all your calls - Bob enjoys each one - and for your prayers.

Blessings to you all, Karen
Old 02-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Last photo:

Great News...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:49 PM

Last photo:

Latest Update from Mz Karen

Here's the latest update on Bob and it's sure looking much better now.

Happy Valentine's Day! I ordered flowers for "us" to be delivered to Bob's room yesterday so we could enjoy them today... the florist (Crosby Ironton Floral - Judy) did an excellent job. I decided to forgo the usual red and requested maroon/gold (Gopher colors) since Bob is so focused on the Minnesota Gopher basketball team (playing now... he doesn't even know I am still here - he's yelling at the TV about the game plan!) I'll add pictures.

We made it a special day - focused on food! I brought Chinese takeout for Bob. He has wanted that for a while... so we had hot tea, spring rolls, egg foo young, chow mein, fried rice (lots of leftovers) and fortune cookies. His feet will probably be swollen tomorrow from the salt we had today. Later, we went to the employee cafeteria for supper as they had polish sausage and sauerkraut - he had a double - or maybe triple - helping of sauerkraut! Supper cost $3.69 for the two of us... including dessert!

Bob did well in both OT and PT. He has gone from needing to be lifted/moved with a Hoyer to standing with 2 people assisting to only needing one person to assist as of Tuesday. PTL! He is now able to use the machines in rehab to build up the strength in his arms, legs and back. He was able to stand from the wheelchair today without anyone helping him. He is still wobbly, but we told the therapist that our goal for Bob is to get him strong enough that he doesn't need a walker and he can drive again. It was a good thing we mentioned the driving as that changed her "plan" for Bob - she added work to improve his hip flexion strength (needed to move foot from gas to brake!). He still grimaces during workouts as you can see by the pictures.

Bob is no longer on oxygen at all - and today the oximeter measured his resting O2 at 100%. When he was at the U for the dialysis, and prior to that at home, it was about 85% - or lower! This is a major improvement. If he stays this way, we can get rid of the oxygen generator and all the portable bottles at home!

Bob is keeping the fluids off (with the diuretic plan he is on) and he is back into his regular tennis shoes again - no swollen feet or legs! PTL! All his other organs that were so weak in the hospital seem to be working well now - his intestines, his kidney and his heart! Our meeting with Bob's primary care doctor, Dr. Kuhlmann, went very well and EVERYONE seems pleased with his progress. Dr. McCollister is happy with how his foot is healing - no open spots anymore. The only issue they are watching is his low potassium level - which makes his muscles weak. He's up to 8 supplemental pills a day. The diuretics pull the potassium off with the fluids. But that is manageable with the supplements.

Bob is going to "happy hour" every Monday and Friday afternoons - has a beer (Really - the Care Center buys the beer) and visits with some of the other residents. So, if you try to call him about 3PM on Mondays or Fridays - he's probably not in his room!

That's about it for now. I am amazed - as are others - that Bob has bounced back so quickly in the last week or so. He is receiving good care - there are still issues and problems, but they are minor now in the scope of things. I am so very grateful for all the support from friends and family - for both of us. Thanks to all who have called Bob, visited him and prayed for him. God is so good to us.

Hope you all had a day filled with love - we did! Blessings, Karen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.