Thoughts and Prayers for 35 Terraplane - Page 7 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

WR
I still have 3 big tender loins in the freezer, just make the drive up and we will have them. Might find a steak or two also.

Bob

Dan
I have shot enough in my life, I love to watch them. but I will still shoot some of the rodents, like wood chucks. which I seen one today right up by the house, which is not long for this world.
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, I don't know when this cruise will end, but I'm not ending with out a fight.

Bob

Brian
If a rodent comes home with one of my dogs, They sure not going down to the railroad tracks. I made a deal with the dogs, kill them, so I don't have to go 20 miles to the tracks.LOL

Bob

BB
That would be a job. I have never done that, but I have shot a porcupine at 1 in the morning with the floodlights on in my underwear.

Bob

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

Bob

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Great to have you back Mr.Bob...

Sorry I didn't give you a call this time around.... Been moving way to fast the last few week's..
Thanks Randy, you would have had to call at night as I was out of the room most of the time and I couldn't take my cell phone with me. Thanks again.

Bob
Old 04-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35terraplane View Post
Thanks Randy, you would have had to call at night as I was out of the room most of the time and I couldn't take my cell phone with me. Thanks again.

Bob
Anytime Mr.Bob..
Now it's time to get you all better and back in the shop..... Time to get that car done... Wish I still had mine... I like that body style,, Plus I fit good in them...
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
lt1silverhawk (04-18-2013)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Thoughts and prayers, Y'all, thoughts and prayers

Here's the lastest from Mz Karen. Lordie I don't know how that "Angel of God" keeps going. God Bless ya Karen and get well soon, Bob.

Karen wrote:
It's 5:30 AM - been up after only 2 hours sleep when Bob yelled that he had fallen again at 3 AM. He tried to stand up and grab his walker, "tipped" and missed the chair trying to sit back down... chair slid away from him. We tried to get him up for almost 2 hours before reluctantly calling 911 again. A first responder and eventually a deputy sheriff came and got Bob back up and into his chair. He can't lie down - his ribs hurt too much yet. As they left, I got a mini lecture on how I should be caring for Bob... as Bob was throwing up again from the pain pill he took. Guess I need more practice... I must not seem competent at 4:45 in the morning. I'm going to try to get some sleep as I have to take Bob back to the clinic to have his labs redone and then I have to get to work. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. It's so comforting!! Looking forward to some warm weather and sun!
Karen's update:
6 staples in Bob's scalp, a big goose egg and really sore ribs & back from his fall... but he's home - and thanks to Don, a very good friend, and two hours of slow moving, we got Bob out of the car and into the house. No broken bones - but he is going to be very sore on Friday. Bob's potassium was low on Tuesday's labs - which may have contributed to the fall - we have to go back to the hospital Friday morning and have it rechecked after Bob resumes taking his potassium tonight. Praying everything goes well tonight and he can sleep - the sore ribs are making it hard for him to breathe... so he put his oxygen back on for now,
Old 04-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Die standin' up

Last journal entry: geezer69 nova 63
Last photo:

god bless...
Old 04-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
They are both having a hard time, not fun at all that's for sure. Prayers flying their way!

Brian
Old 04-26-2013, 10:36 AM

Last photo:

Prayers are headed out for both of you..
Keep your faith it will all come to pass..
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

He's having problems again

I just got this from Karen:

Two steps forward... one (?) step back!

Lots has happened in a month. Bob started physical therapy and was making progress. Unfortunately, Bob also kept building up fluid again so he planned to go back to UMMC in Minneapolis to have 4 days of dialysis again - set up to start 6/4, Tuesday. Well, 6/3 just before midnight, Bob became very short of breath. Even on 7 liters of oxygen he could not get his O2 stats above 72 - and that is very dangerous. So, once again we called 911 and they took Bob to the ER. We explained what the plan had been and that Dr. Ibrahim, his nephrologist, had told us to go to the ER if Bob became short of breath before then. The ER doctor talked to the U doctors and they wanted Bob sent by ambulance to UMMC. Short version - they did 7 days of dialysis to remove over 45 pounds of fluid again and the decision was made that Bob has to go back on regular dialysis 3 days a week. This may help his kidney rest and restart - and hopefully will also help his heart. He is okay with that decision. We don't know if this is going to be a short term treatment or permanent. Our main problem at this point is transportation since Bob will be scheduled on a M-W-F afternoon schedule (don't know the time yet) starting THIS FRIDAY. I work M-W-F and Bob's legs aren't strong enough yet for him to drive much less load his walker and oxygen by himself. We have had a couple of offers to help drive him if it works into schedules - for that I am very grateful. We've got two days to work this out. Right now he has physical therapy scheduled on Tuesdays and Thursdays... and I have been able to take him to those appointments. We may have to shuffle a lot of things. Bob still plans to go to Back to the 50's... another logistical challenge to resolve.

The good news is that I got to spring Bob from the hospital today and we made it home safely a little after 8PM (had to stop at DQ on the way home). Long day - 7 hours of driving! The dogs were very happy to see him - Misty hasn't left his side... Shadow goes back and forth between us. Bob had good care for the most part from all the MDs, RNs and aides once he FINALLY got the doctors to correct his medications in the computer. Once again it took 3 days to fix his insulin dosage and everyone apologized... but how much damage occurred because Bob did not get enough insulin coverage? Glad he's home.

Karen
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave57210 For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (06-12-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 01:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Heavy sigh! I am praying for Bob, I sure hope things get better soon.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:39 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Thanks for posting this Dave - - - - they are always in my thoughts and prayers and not only Bob but Karen also. What a fatastic Angel she is and when I spoke with Bobo on the phone last week he agreed that he was lucky and "blessed" (my word) to have her in his life. It's times like these that us internet friends feel so helpless because we don't live close enuff to help in ways that we could and would if we lived closer so I just pray for them every chance I get. There are several of us that try and stay in close touch but sometimes life gets in the way.

Get well soon, old man, and God Bless you Karen,

Em
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched ratchet For This Useful Post:
NEW INTERIORS (06-12-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 07:01 AM

Last photo:

My goodness, sigh is right Dan, darn it. Prayers are headed his way (and Karen's).

Brian
Old 06-12-2013, 09:09 AM

Last photo:

MAN !!!! I'm not sure which one is the tuffest out of the two of them... Both are lucky to have each other..Sorry to hear about this and wish I was closer to help out..Prayers are headed out for both of you... May God send peace and a blessing to both of you...
Old 06-14-2013, 10:15 PM

Last photo:

A great big thanks

Well I have been home a couple days, and every thing is good. I have evan been out working on the 46 coupe. It's been on the lift since last fall, had my friend get in it, flipped the kill switch hit the gas, started right up. Ididn't evan charge the battery.

I'm taking it in Monday to have new front pads on it, then we are going to fix some small things that I don't like. TH we head down to Back to the 50's.
They are almost to 12,000 cars already.

Thanks guys for all the well wishes, and the phone calls.

Bob
Old 06-15-2013, 08:44 AM

Last photo:

Boy you bounce back! KICK IT'S *** Bob!

Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 AM

Last photo:

WAY TO GO MR. BOB !!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.