Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - threading consew 255
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by A62WAGON
My feed dogs seem a little worn, how often should they be changed? They seem to feed just fine as far as I know, the hole is a little rough looks like its been hit with the needle a few times and looks like it could maybe cut thread.

O one more quick question. I took the needle out and there are no grooves or notches. In the manual it says face them to the left(if my memory serves me right) do I have the wrong type of needle? Thanks again for all the help.
Your machine uses needle system 135X17. If you don't have a vertical groove on the opposite side of the needle from the scarf (the cut out just above the needle hole) you are using the wrong needle. Here are pictures of what your needle should look like. The first picture is of the grooved side, and the other picture is the side with the scarf. The scarf faces to the right, and the groove to the left.

If your machine is feeding properly now, you don't need to change the feed dog. It is rare that the feed dog would wear out so badly that you'd need to replace it. It is more likely it would get damaged first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0890.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	50683   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	50684  

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.