Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Three different paint shops suggested 2 different ways of painting the car, opinions?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 07:39 AM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I agree with Bob. It doesn't matter who is supposedly responsible for the finished product, the signature on it is the shop. They should check to make sure it is straight before shooting it. You could end up with waves after painting, and wonder if they are bodywork, or paint. I know what the shop will say.

Years ago, I did a car for a friend of mine. The agreement was that I would do the body work, and he had someone that was going to do a special paint job for him. I told him I would rough in the body work, and they would be responsible for finishing it. I talked to the shop a year or so later about the car. They told me that they understood it was supposed to be only "roughed in", but all they had to do was scuff, seal, and shoot, it was so close. I told him that that was fine, but they were taking responsibility for the finished product, and by doing it that way they knew what they had.

Aaron