Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Three different paint shops suggested 2 different ways of painting the car, opinions?
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 11:59 PM

Last journal entry: First RoadCourse Video
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks very much for the feedback guys, once again some good suggestions, and information.
BTW the car is going to be a metallic, with white metallic lemans stripes.
Shop 3 has no problem apparantly doing this in pieces.

I have contacted them all and will make arrangements for them to come and see the car, within the next 2 -3 weeks.

I want them to have a look and give a bit firmer estimate on price, as well as any areas of prep they want me to do, and don't want me to do before they get the car.

I have just finished both doors and rockers and am going to give them a coat of epoxy primer, before going onto the, cowl (sand blasting has revealed that this has been bashed in an accident - hood impact to cowl) then a quick tweak of the fenders which are already about 50% blocked.
The rest is fiberglass work on the fascia and hood, which are in pretty good shape it appears. Blocking will tell.
I have to block the underside of the hood, and trunk. Valance, detailing, more blocking <yikes>

As I write this, it seems like there is more than I thought remaining

I just have to make sure I step back from time to time and not rush, even though I am getting closer!