Hot Rod Forum banner

Throttle cable bracket hunt

10K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  bigmac73 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has a set up similar to mine and could offer some insight.

I've got a performer RPM VORTEC intake
Quick Fuel 750 carb and a 2" spacer

I purchased a SPECTRE bracket that bolted to the carb base, but it was junk and flimsy.

I see the 50$ CSR bracket
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/csi-630c/reviews/

Has anyone used this bracket^
Seems ridiculous for it to be 50 bucks

I wish this one would work maybe with some 2" spacers but it looks like this one uses one of the intake to head bolts so I have a feeling it wont work with the vortec intake. Plus it is listed for an edelbrock carb..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/trd-9756/overview/

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Without knowing how your firewall is set up, I'm suggesting that you 'dump' the cable and make up a solid throttle rod . You might need a different pedal but after doing both on my '31, sure do like the positive feel of that solid rod. You need a length of rod, a couple small Heim links and a couple hours to figure things out and a couple more to put things together - but ir works much nicer then the cable - plus I don't have one of those Chinese made mickey moused spring and cable brackets.

I have a automatic kick down, cruise and a spring on that modified bracket:

The pedal was originally a Lokar spoon but have changed it to a much modified AFCO race pedal for better leg room - but right now don't have photos of that for some reason.

Dave W

#5 ·
I went to the local pick n pull an grabbed about 3 different brackets from Chevys an cut, grind, welded one to fit. I had that same goofy Spectre bracket, only 1 bolt from the Carb base & 2 small adjustment screws. I couldn't trust it to hold the TV cable from my 700r4. So I made my own.

#6 ·
I will tell you this , Do not waste your money on the Black 8031 Edelbrock bracket, I tried to cut and fab that one and it worked for the kick down but would not allow the throttle to open fully, most of the cheap ones I tried were either too close for WOT
I have a Holley 20-95 bracket on there now but it is too thick for the factory Kick Down cable to clip through, so that one needs some grinding as well,

I was looking at the carb stud mounted brackets from Holley or trick flow
like the TFS-20000 type or the Holley 20-112 but they are way over 50 bones for a bracket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.