Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Throwback Corner
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 06:47 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

The Throwback Corner

So, I happened to be flipping through a recent issue of "Cars" magazine (June 1966) and ran across something I thought might interest some of the forum members. (See image below).

The issue also covers John Smysers 850 ci, 2400 horsepower, 2-engine Toronado, a preview of what was once known as the '67 Chevy Panther, and features a commentary by contributing editor Roger Huntington on calls for car safety. He says that Washington was so upset, it hinted that "if Detroit doesn't buckle down and build safer cars Uncle Sam will! That's right. There have been threats that the federal government might go ahead and develop and produce a car that would meet its own safety standards, or standards that might not be practical to try to impose on Detroit by force." (paragraph 2, page 10).

I was quite entertained by such headlines as "Mustangs, Fairlanes & Falcons clean house at the AHRA Winter Championships and send the MoPare hemi honkers back to their drawing boards" and technical articles like "How to Rig a Racing Rear". They just don't write like that anymore...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001_1.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	57391