Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - The Throwback Corner
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
"But how do it know?"
Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hey Bob,
Originally Posted by boatbob2
Those were the days of great prices...Honest Charley had EVERYTHING automotive,i went to Chattannoga many times for Honest Charlet items.
I never heard of Honest Charley's until the beginning of this year when I saw their page on Facebook. Are they not as big as they used to be? I'm definitely interested in knowing more about them.

Hey bentwings,
Originally Posted by bentwings
I have an Amalie hat that I wear occasionally. I suppose it's worth $100k in like new condition now. My luck haha

Hey Bob,
Originally Posted by deckofficer
Am I the only one that noticed in the Lubriplate ad that depicts a 1968 Cougar, that the grille has 3 horizontal dress bars? No horizontal dress bars would be 99.9% of the Cougars, 2 bars would be the very rare GTE with a medium riser 427, that package was a $1250 option, a lot of coin in '68, hence as rare as the 426 hemi for Mopar folks, but what is with the 3 horizontal dress bars?

My guess is they were probably trying avoid any licensing issues by changing up the grill. So while it resembles a Cougar, its not exactly a Cougar.

Here is one for today. Though it has enough technical merit to be posted in the Transmission forum, the nostalgia factor won over: