Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - thumpr with stock heads?
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanline6.6
Its a 355, flat tops, performer intake, 670 Street Avenger, headers, th350, stock converter. I just want a nice choppy idle with not alot of additional work. I'm a dirt digger, not a drag racer
Well now your engine it's not stock . What i was getting at was when you go changing cams with stock heads if you go to radical you will eventually drop a valve / rocker arm keep jumping off just a few things that could happen. Thats why i would at least add some springs to the stock heads. It's just when you go changing things like this it throws everything off the geometry, I have been there to much spring not good either. I have seen people try to add big cams with nothing else to back it up and wind up spending more money then they even considered i am just trying to help a fellow rodder out. Maybe someone else will come on and explain it better then i can. But i hope you got my point. You got a good start with your 355 i would either do my heads up right or buy a good set of heads ready to go or leave alone till i had the funds to do it right so that i did'nt waste my engine. Sorry to ramble one it's just you have to have a good top end. I am sure though you can find a good sounding cam that will work for you . Just trying to help and maybe save you some trouble down the road. JMO.

Cole