Hot Rod Forum banner

TILT COLOUMN FOR 63 IMPALA

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  BOBCRMAN@aol.com 
#1 ·
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT MIGHT MAKE AN EASY COLOUMN SWAP FOR A 63 IMPALA. HAVE 605 BOX AND WANT TO ADD TILT. THANKS

#2 ·
i think your options are endless and might depend on what the first junker you see is. any other g.m. and you should be fine. but plan on having to fabricate a new steering shaft whatever it is and having to do a wee bit of wiring for the t/s, flashers/ stop. one that has a hazard flasher in it means your stop is also your turn signal, so with your car having seperate turn signal lenses i would look for a column w/o a hazard light. would be alot easier to wire too but i dont know how hard it will be to find one

#5 ·
If your car is more of a nostalgic type car then you can always find you an orginal impala tilt column.If your impala is bagged with 20 in billets tucked under it then go ahead and do it up with a billet aluminum or stainless column from ididit,also im sure they have the proper adapters,knuckles or whatever else you need to make it work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.