Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tilter; Rotisserie; or Ramp?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Tilter; Rotisserie; or Ramp?

I need to get to the bottom of my projects to work on the rusted body parts and other items like exhaust and mechanical parts. All of the projects are smaller less then 3500lbs cars complete (Ford Anglia, Datsun 240z, etc.). I have looked at the Rotisseries & vehicle tilter from accessible systems and also at the kwiklift ramp system. I'd like to keep the car whole (except for maybe the tires and wheels) and work on it as well as tear it down to the body. If my car is under the weight max limit can I just put the whole thing on a Rotisserie and turn it on it's side? besides fluids leaking out, any other issues I'm missing? the tilter system would be nice but the car may not be as accessible as on a rotisserie. The kwiklift ramp system looks easy but then I'm on my back all the time.

Any thoughts? I could even build my own rotisserie if the mood and time lend to doing that, but will it work for me.

Any thoughts and sugestions or advice?

Thanks in advance,

Herb in PA