Tilter; Rotisserie; or Ramp? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 07:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

one thing i can say about accessable systems is that they seem to be good honest people. years ago i bought one of their tilters and had some issues and the customer service was excellent. i am now thinking of buying a rotisserrie and that kind of service is def weighing into my decision

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Last photo:

well i bought an acces. systems rotiss. at the charlotte auto fair seemed to be the best deal and best built. will keep you posted on how it works
Old 05-29-2007, 08:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59 wagon man
well i bought an acces. systems rotiss. at the charlotte auto fair seemed to be the best deal and best built. will keep you posted on how it works
hello all just a little update here on the rotiss. just a little background here for you guys so you understand where i am coming from .i have a 59 chevy wagon which i did a body off and even with a lift it was still a bit of a p.i.t.a .with the rotiss. i can actually say i enjoy some of the cleaning tasks which sucked the last time. for instance 2 weekends ago i rolled the car out of my warehouse spun the car 90' and procedded to pressure the bottom of the car removing most of the undercoat and dirt without crawling on my back.this weekends project including sanding the roof much easier when the roof is now on it's side so you not standing on a milkcrate bending over the car killing your back. next project was to patch the inner rear quarter panel.it's getting a little tuff on the back squatting for hours at a time so tilt the car at a 45 and now the 1/4 panel is at your chest height much easier. then i hadda do the crummy job of stripping the gauges and harness from the dash. we know how that sucks laying on your back all twisted up trying to reach up and loosen that screw oh crap it's the wrong size socket climb outta the car and you know the deal .now picture the if you can i tilt the car to a little more than a 45 degree angle and stand up inside the door opening.now I am standing straight up inside the car while working under the dash. i don't have to be a contornionist now to reach things. i can honestly say that i enjoy working on the car more now cause i remember what a ***** it was the other way.so in my humble opinion if you can beg borrow or make one and you wanna enjoy yourself even more invest in a rotisserie
Old 11-03-2007, 09:01 PM

Last photo:

Hello,
I've been lurking here forever, but thought I would chime in on this topic. These pics are of the rotisserie I built. I first built it to hold a 1970 Chevy K20 frame and then the cab.

Right now, it's holding a true 2nd owner COPO car (my buddy that does all the painting is restoring the car for another friend of ours)

I have always been concerned about a car body "sagging" in the middle. Because of this, I fabbed a replacement frame that bolts onto the rig. That way, the body is held firm. I also put "stringers" across the bottom to keep it from flexing. I did use softer tires to allow moving the deal to the blasting area.

The problem with mine is that once the "frame" is bolted up, we have to lift the body up to bolt it on. Now, when I hit the lottery, I'll buy a lift and that won't be a problem, but for now, we just use "manpower" and hoists. Today, my buddy cleaned and primed the underside. He said all went well (that's kinda what I hoped for with an expensive car like that!!!!)

Take care,

Misled
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4319b.jpg
Views:	756
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	25260   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320b.jpg
Views:	767
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	25261  
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM

Last photo:

I built one for 150.00 about a month ago and what would have taken me several days took me less than. I cleaned and sandblasted the whole bottom of my 69 Mustang in about 9 Hours. I am also building subframe connectors and it is a cakewalk compared to lying on the ground to do it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bottom_011.JPG
Views:	430
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	41733   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-10-15 20-52-03 - IMG_0033_resize.JPG
Views:	498
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	41734  
Old 11-06-2009, 08:13 PM

Gentlemen I have had a tilter for a few years. Love it, BUT I should have bought the jack with it. Using the engine hoist requries more room and to me is harder to use. If you can afford it get the jack too. Just my 2 cents. Frank
Old 12-14-2009, 08:10 AM

Last photo:

Hmmm.... little confused....

OK.....I am setting up my father in laws rotiss. It will be on a 65 Satellite. I was planning to mount it to the front frame bumper bolts and the rear much like a regular made rotiss for sale.

I believe some are saying this may not be a good idea as stress on the frame may be a problem..... if mounted in this manner ( or maybe i am reading some of this incorrectly) ?

I am of course taking the fenders off and doors(Two door) planning to brace from side to side ?

X pattern ? Is there a proper pattern does someone have pictures of the bracing ?

Is it fair to say that any floor work should be completed on it's wheels ?

It would be great to have a checklist formed on here about using a rotiss and the do's and absolute do nots ? I realize we all have our opinions but you guys must all agree on some points of concern ?

Leave it to you experts !

Last edited by outoftouch; 12-14-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 PM

Last photo:

new concept in rotisseries

Hi guys I don't get around to these sites that offten, To busy in the shop working on restoration projects. A few years back I was looking for a better more effecient way to get all the resto work done we have lined up. I came up with my own design rotisserie that I wanted and it worked out very well for us. I'm a small shop with a big back log of work so now we have six of these Roller Hoops up and rolling in our shop and appx two dozen across the country. Take a look some time www.******** might work as well for some of you guys.
Auto Doug
in Lincoln, Ne.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SDC11647.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	43146   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11452.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	272.4 KB
ID:	43147   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010031.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	43148   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	43149   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10941.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	278.5 KB
ID:	43150  

Last edited by 302 Z28; 01-10-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Violation of guidelines. Please see: general board guidelines.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Last photo:

Posting your company links is not allowed.

Vince
Old 01-14-2010, 02:20 PM

Last photo:

Do a search for Roller Hoop Rotisserie on google for another option. It looks like the owner of that place actually posted on here and provided a link, but that was stripped out so I won't direct link, but it comes up as the first one in google. Saw one holding a modified at the IMI show in Indianapolis in December and thought it was pretty darn cool. Then again a lot of the coolness was that it was holding a modified!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:44 PM

Last photo:

Oops sorry about that, my bad, Thanks for the Cool comp! Yes "Speedy Bill" Mr. Speedway Motors in Lincoln, Ne. thought the Roller Hoop would be a good attention getter at the IMI show in Indy and it did generate lots of attention and interest also for all the Speedway products for Modifieds, just last week Speedway used it again to display their goods at the Chile Bowl in Tulsa! So it works well for restoration work and displaying products. I'll try to post a few pictures from the show.
Auto Doug

Last edited by auto doug; 01-27-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.