Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Time between Clear coats
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 03:30 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Chris, I don't know the base you're using but if it's Chromabase you can recoat it within a 24 hr. period without sanding. If you nib sand it for imperfections you will have to recoat the color.

If you are using the V7500 clear it may be recoated during any stage of dry or cure. (I've never done that). If recoating after 24 hrs. scuff sand with 1200-1500.
On the S-10 I sprayed the base, applied 2 coats of clear, waited 24 hrs., then sanded it with 1000, touched up any cut throughs with color then applied 2 more coats of clear. It was a nice slick job. I beleive in spraying the first coat like you want the last to look, giving ample flash time between coats.

Depending on the clear you are using will depend on the # of coats required. Look uner the product section of their site, then the products you're using. As far as the rep. the one we have here is a good guy, he was a former painter in a cadilac dealership for years, he also helps out at the school with my classes during the school year and arranges the painting segment of the collision repair competition held each year.
Let me know if I can help, good luck.