Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Gary View Post
The good and the bad Vinnie??. If we're nothing more,we have a strict policy about safety in our racing operation. We have just through the yrs seen too much. Two very close friends had life threatening crashes. One is still on a cane today and the other lost his memory never to get it back for a entire yr. Hell after a number of warnings,we benched our driver on a out of town two car entry race with a certain top 4 for either or both car.Packed it in and went home.So what's all this about in terms of your car??.

Just a reminder you can never spend too much for safety. A stick shift car should have a blow proof bellhousing. The rules say....................but the rules don't account for a sudden hook on the street as the engine climbs threw it's torque curve. Nor do those "street rules" account for a plate between the flywheel and the block to help save a really good engine.

As I've told you before,we're all about going fast. But there is a right way and a wrong way. It's kind of like the pro-street deal. Driving around without being strapped in with a whole lot more traffic around the car and no helmet. That "can be" a recipe for disaster. Looks cool as all hell,but...........

So if I plant this seed in you to consider,you might want to give it some thought.

I think I saw that movie in drivers training "1961" LOL

Jester