Hot Rod Forum banner

time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun

22K views 178 replies 21 participants last post by  painted jester 
#1 ·
434 small block,5 speed,3.50 gears,,,
1 7/8 stepped headers,3 inch mandrel bent exhaust,,,ask questions,post comments both positive and negative,
just posting to show the car runs,,,thank you all,,,

#45 ·
V , I could not see much of your car in the video. You got something there. Take some shots. Engine , interior, exhaust routing. A pic is worth a thousand words.

You guys are probably good and carefull, but..Watch out driving around with the bottles racked. The police Will take your car. Not matter if they are cracked or not.

#48 ·
C-3s

I noticed the gap on your right door is straighter than mine but maybe a little wider.My right side door handle needs to be replaced as now you need a vice grip grab to open the door.I have to be a gentleman as my bitter 1/2 cant open the door from the outside.
also the power locks only move about 75% on the first click,gotta love those cars

#49 ·
My Vette was T boned and also hit in the right front and left rear! I paid $535.00 because the frame was pristine I bought no body parts I made my own skins and molded in all seams cut 3 inches out of the front fenders bringing the nose to a point and extended the nose 2 inches, I molded in the side markers and lowered the front 3 inches! Ive been working on it 5 years and still not done!! Its sprayed in white and black sealer! not ready for paint yet:sweat: But I still Play with it at shows and week end dragging! The old saying "If Its fast it doesn't have to be pretty" They call them SLEEPERS!!!! and you have one:thumbup:

Jester

#50 ·
Yeah Vinnie,the system I have at home is basic 101 puter. The one at the race shop is where the money got spent.So for me to watch a video here isn't very viable. Sure would love to see pictures of your project at any stage it's in.
But I admit I'm asking you for something I haven't done myself.The Astro project I got setting in the back of my home shop I must have hundreds of pixs and a long twisted story to tell about that.The project journals on here seems to be off the beaten path and yes,I've been kind of lazy about putting something together for this site.I hope you would do a thread like in the hot rod basics section for me and well, us to follow.

#56 · (Edited)
Your Vette has no jell coat, to worry about , I'm not trying to start any arguments or explain myself To any one else on here! Jell coats were not applied but be care full not to sand into raw fiber! And Im not saying you cant Jell a Vette! LOL

Jester

I'll add that I don't think any Vettes were factory jell coated, but I have Jell coated badly damaged Vettes

#61 ·
6-10

Jester
Wow! That's nice! Sounds tough as well! Wish mine could idle that low.

Landshark nice ride as well, I owned a few vettes and a 86 1/2 928 s 4 valve. Nice to see you tossed the lump of crap porshce calls a motor, a cast chevy with cast iron intake is still 200 pounds lighter and makes more power. cant go wrong there. Yellow stickers are awesome. I would love to see you pull into the porsche club meetings with that thing. Really sucks for the porsche guys cause anything they have to say is negated but your right foot. LOL

Do either of you guys run a single exhuast. I know both cars can usally fit a single 4 inch pipe. 928 is really bad duals usally make less power than even a small single exhuast or drag the ground. I had a single 3 inch pipe on my 928 it flowed way better than i thought. turns out single 4 inch will outflow 2.5 duals.

Man that porsche needs a "Max Head Room" Sticker on the rear wing. LOL O wait does anyone still remember that.
I had pretty much maxed the stock porsche V8 at 375HP with headers, cams and port work on the intake and heads. Next step was a custom stroker and about $25K out of pocket. Not even close to reality for me. SBC was an easy choice being an old muscle car guy. The only thing better than a muscle car, is a muscle car that handles like a Porsche... :D

I am running custom made 1.875" headers with 3.5" collectors to dual 3" pipes, magnaflow X and afterburner mufflers. Duel E-cut outs 10" after collectors. It's a very tight fit and leaves about 3" of ground clearance. I have to avoid speed bumps...

Porsche club...this tends to shut them up...

I agree on the stickers...

#65 ·
Landshark: Your car is just BAD A S S! And Vinnies sounds like it can really twist the Rs:thumbup:

The black Lacquer & flamed Vette was a different project I painted ! This is mine: #1 & 2 in gray sealer,#3 my scoop at night (skull is removable LOL) I carved it, made a mold and used Glass resin to pour it and painted it, #4 its in gray and black sealer, #5 302 based on YZ internals. Almost ready to paint:confused: 2 tone Lacquer, Candy wild cherry and candy turquoise With multi pearl flames! I don't think I'll do the abstract flames :confused: Havent made up my mind yet:confused:

And thanks you guys for the comments on the black Vettes paint:mwink: I have 15 coats of clear on that! wet sanding at every 5 coats In those pics its not final wet sanded or polished yet! If I can find the disc. of the car finished I'll post them! I like shooting Lacquer but hate the Vettes LOL Ive probably done 50 over the years! Most in lacquers.:sweat:

Jester

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71324&stc=1&d=1360807867
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71328&stc=1&d=1360808242http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/att...1360808859tachmentid=71329&stc=1&d=1360808347

Attachments

#69 ·
my thread? nahhh,,,

Thanks for posting all the pictures.Im a little side tracked atm but I will post some gap pictures next time I get the chance.Im looking to buy a camera,my phone is not great but works

TWD,post your vid when you get it..looking forward to it,,,the more the better

#68 ·
QUOTE " Glad to see a success most of the post on this forum are for failures very little succeful ppl get back on and tell us about the final product. too bad really makes the fourm a little dry with all bad news. most ppl get the car running and just say thanks and are gone. would love to see some success stories. "QUOTE

hcrompton, STELLA point. I couldn't agree more. So many people jump on this 'free ride' in search of answers from the "hotrodding doctors" , get a result and then just bail out. I'm just as guilty as the next guy, and don't have as much knowledge to offer as some of the gurus out there. I'm in the construction industry and cars are just my love/hobby.
I think that you have made an epic point here and I, for one , will try to do what Vinnie has done and post some vid of what we all love and want to see. I too have never posted a video and are not a net-savvy user, but I gonna try and learn.
Thumbs up to all you guys who do post vids!! I think it a very important part of this forum...

Keep the dream alive!!

Duke

#77 ·
Grumpy driving down the track the wrong way,yelling,,,,too funny.
In the pits the cars were ribbonned off.
Can you immagine now days a driver sweeping the track? I think Grumpy was mad because the first and third run ,Landy beat him by a country mile.Landy may have given him round 2 so there could be a round 3.If I remember,Landy ran a 9.0,thats how far pro stocks have come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.