Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 12:44 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: $2500.oo Trans AM is home at last
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
2 owners before me,the guy got rid of the rubber ends and molded them in with fibre glass.also the ricer spoiler is molded in.When I first looked at the car the first thing I thought of was Corvette Summer,lol.

re sanding
I did start out using to coarse of paper and I regret it now.Im resanding and using fill primer and re sanding and re spraying,using 3 different colours. Im trying to talk a friend into painting my car,he uses PPG and is near retiring.He love/hates corvettes.
Vinnie use a good epoxy primer and an epoxy sealer!!! The same epoxy does both jobs depending on the mix and fills very easy if given time between coats! On glass this is very important and especially since there is no jell coat on the later C3 up Vettes! PPG is a great product but you get what you pay for the grades of Omni are bottom line but easy to spray, The top line and Glamor colors are very expensive! But well worth the money! I spray PPG exclusively unless a customer asks for a different brand, Usually I'll tell them to leave depending on my money situation! I also spray a lot of Lacquer. The Dodge hump back delivery in my journal is PPG Omni, The black Vette with pearl flames is PPG lacquers, the 65 impalla is PPG Glamor, The 55 delivery is bottom line Omni, Transtar epoxy is a very good product at a reasonable price!

Jester (Chris LOL)

Yes you can shoot Urethane over lacquer If prepped properly, Most bases for clear coats are hot like Lacquer!Most of your good Primers are Lacquer Like Kondar!!!

Last edited by painted jester; 02-13-2013 at 12:51 PM.