Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Now you can have even more fun cause a few good parts and the 383 turns 9K or 10K with a lot of extra cash. Now the funny part is you can make so much power down low you dont need to spin them as fast. But if you do there is still glory to be had.

Small base circle cams were the norm back in the day when all cams started as a factory cam and was reground to give more duration and lift. Make them smaller and they fit with the 383. The bigger the lift the smaller the base circle was cause they all started with the same cam it could only get smaller. So a bigger cam may have actually fit better. If you get my logic.

I do feel a little jealous of the motorcycle guys now adays. man we had nothing for parts. Now they have bolt on turbo kits. When i was building KZ 900 motors it was all factory parts and mad grider and welding work. Still made the same power in the end but wow its so easy now adays. You can buy a busa and mr turbo kit and have a 300 hp motorcycle in a few hours work. Never have the 8's been so close to the production bikes or cars.

I got to say you know it will all come to and end some day. we are probably in our hay day of mad power upgrades. one day it will be impossible to make changes to your car or drive beyond the limits. Im sure its only a matter of time before our cars will read the speed limit signs and just not go any faster no matter how far down the peddle is pushed.