Hot Rod Forum banner

time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun

22K views 178 replies 21 participants last post by  painted jester 
#1 ·
434 small block,5 speed,3.50 gears,,,
1 7/8 stepped headers,3 inch mandrel bent exhaust,,,ask questions,post comments both positive and negative,
just posting to show the car runs,,,thank you all,,,

#3 ·
This was the first time I ever posted on you tube,and the wife was filming.The car is covered in dust as I was repairing some scratches and now the car is 2/3s sanded. I will make more after getting some help.
I want to do a driving video.Just wanted people to know the car runs and is what I say it is,or at least sounds like something,,,

#17 ·
Thanks Falcon,,,
Yeah Dave,I swear if I give the wife too much attention the car breaks down on me on purpose. Ive never even heard of a rotor coming off of a distributor and twice Ive had it happen when I complement the wife in front of the car.
Ive learned a lot about cooking when I got caught talking about how the car is pretty.
Chris,my wife is 5 feet tall(her specs) and 110 pounds (her specs) and when she gets wound up,I can barely hear my car

#20 ·
Very nice! What mufflers? Every time I film my car I never get the low end sound you got. It's there, just won't pick up with the phone. Need engine bay shots.

I just switched from a 434 SHP to a 421 Little M, with a little more cam, higher compression and better forged internals. She revs much quicker than my 434 did. Lighter billet flywheel is helping as well.

Here she is 3rd start, timing set. Just got her started this weekend after 4 months of down time swapping motors. Wish my video could capture the low end you have... Your car sounds monsterous. :thumbup:

#22 ·
Hey Vinnie.A T5 and 10 bolt??. If you start to hook the car both would be on a short leash.What's the game plan for that bud??. Any suspension mods planned??. You going to run drag radials??. Hell I've known all along before this thread you had the engine build covered. Nice!!!.:thumbup:

#29 ·
safety and upgrades

already in the car
lakewood scattershield with block saver
front ent rebuilt to factory specs using all moog parts,including idler and pitman arm.ball joints.
rear end,replaced all bushings with Moog replacement parts,
replace right side trailing arm,it separated,the factory arms are spot welded together,might add Z arms later if I can find quality replacements.
all stainless replaced calipers.
new center section and gears in diff.
auburn and 3.50 gears replaced factory center section and 2.73 gears.
big block 1/2 shafts and Dana spicer u-joints without grease fittings
TKO 600 replaces the t-10 4 speed,using a .82 over drive ratio
to keep breakage to a minimum,moderate street tires,,they break traction before parts break.

#23 ·
The good and the bad Vinnie??. If we're nothing more,we have a strict policy about safety in our racing operation. We have just through the yrs seen too much. Two very close friends had life threatening crashes. One is still on a cane today and the other lost his memory never to get it back for a entire yr. Hell after a number of warnings,we benched our driver on a out of town two car entry race with a certain top 4 for either or both car.Packed it in and went home.So what's all this about in terms of your car??.

Just a reminder you can never spend too much for safety. A stick shift car should have a blow proof bellhousing. The rules say....................but the rules don't account for a sudden hook on the street as the engine climbs threw it's torque curve. Nor do those "street rules" account for a plate between the flywheel and the block to help save a really good engine.

As I've told you before,we're all about going fast. But there is a right way and a wrong way. It's kind of like the pro-street deal. Driving around without being strapped in with a whole lot more traffic around the car and no helmet. That "can be" a recipe for disaster. Looks cool as all hell,but...........

So if I plant this seed in you to consider,you might want to give it some thought.

#31 ·
blue cuda

The project looks as if its coming along.

My girl hates, HATES hotrods. She cannot figure why everbody does not drive a civic or prius.

Got to figure out how to post video. Wait...

I got a insurance walk around video of my cuda, and a 85 c10 supercharged burnout to share.

Here enjoy,

mc cuda - YouTube

mc cuda - YouTube

your car is out standing.I would be afraid to drive that car here where I live.

#33 ·
Cuda is beautiful! Both videos are the same... No S-10 burn out.

Here's mine with the 434 this summer before I wiped a bearing under spray...

Burnout3 - YouTube

Still waiting on engine shots of the vette! How heavy is the vette?
That is a pretty ****** car, but why the gay yellow vinyl? I love the engine, love the car, love the black paint- all ****** stuff... Then you have the ricer yellow stickers.

And I know I'm going to catch hell for saying something bad about the car because otherwise its ****en awesome, but I know most of us saw that yellow and immediately thought, "WTF?"

#30 ·
cam noise

The nose of the car is in a small garage,noise was amplified.You can hear the lifter noise but it is not as loud as the video promotes it.The lash is 022 and 024.The engine is do for a little maintenance.It runs well for a 10 year old engine.It gets driven regulary except last year.I dont drive it far as it burns a little gas,about $20.00/hour.

#39 ·
"Back on topic, when do we get a video of the vette rolling around looking bad ***?"

The car will hope fully get painted in the spring,depends on $$$$$
Im new to taking videos,but I have asked a couple people to help me.The only offers Ive had so far was to drive my car while "I" film it,lol...

BTW, Thanks everyone for posting
we need more videos on this site,lets have some fun here,,,,

#46 ·
fit and finish of Vettes

as I block sand my car Ive found that it is far from quality re fit and finish. The seems are all over the place,the gaps are like a home made car.I dont care,I will paint it something decent but not so nice that I get worried everytime someone touches the can.

re getting more pictures and interior,yes,its all coming. so far in the cockpit all Ive done so far is change the seat covers.I also upgraded from vinyl to leather. The rest is in dire need of replacement.
Engine bay needs a little Martha Stewart work. The header pipes look cool

#44 ·
hcompton
thanks for posting
yes,the avatar car is the car in the video.The car in the video is getting sanded down for paint,hope fully soon,,,,
I would like to spend some time on a chassis dyno, then pull the engine and freshen up,before paint.It all depends on the budget.The economy went down a little so,even though I can spend all my money just as fast,not as much gets done.
Ive never been a numbers matching kind of guy.I like the sound of a healthy engine,any kind,and like it when there is an opportunity for comparitive driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.