time to critic me,post likes/hate,have fun - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

blue cuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinn View Post
The project looks as if its coming along.

My girl hates, HATES hotrods. She cannot figure why everbody does not drive a civic or prius.

Got to figure out how to post video. Wait...

I got a insurance walk around video of my cuda, and a 85 c10 supercharged burnout to share.

Here enjoy,

mc cuda - YouTube

mc cuda - YouTube

mc cuda - YouTube">mc cuda - YouTube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
your car is out standing.I would be afraid to drive that car here where I live.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: mopar hump back
Last photo:

Vinnie! I get 6 miles to a gallon with mine on a good day with my foot out of it LOL

Jester
Old 02-12-2013, 01:20 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark928 View Post
Cuda is beautiful! Both videos are the same... No S-10 burn out.

Here's mine with the 434 this summer before I wiped a bearing under spray...

Burnout3 - YouTube

Still waiting on engine shots of the vette! How heavy is the vette?
That is a pretty ****** car, but why the gay yellow vinyl? I love the engine, love the car, love the black paint- all ****** stuff... Then you have the ricer yellow stickers.

And I know I'm going to catch hell for saying something bad about the car because otherwise its ****en awesome, but I know most of us saw that yellow and immediately thought, "WTF?"
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 PM

yellow stickers/black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
That is a pretty ****** car, but why the gay yellow vinyl? I love the engine, love the car, love the black paint- all ****** stuff... Then you have the ricer yellow stickers.

And I know I'm going to catch hell for saying something bad about the car because otherwise its ****en awesome, but I know most of us saw that yellow and immediately thought, "WTF?"
there is no yellow on my car?
Maybe you were looking at land sharks car?
my car was silver,mostly primer now.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:01 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
The nose of the car is in a small garage,noise was amplified.You can hear the lifter noise but it is not as loud as the video promotes it.The lash is 022 and 024.The engine is do for a little maintenance.It runs well for a 10 year old engine.It gets driven regulary except last year.I dont drive it far as it burns a little gas,about $20.00/hour.
I figured the small place added to the clatter, cam must be a flat tap.. as those lash# are to wide for a roller
Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
there is no yellow on my car?
Maybe you were looking at land sharks car?
my car was silver,mostly primer now.
yea, it was his car, that's why I quoted the postinghe made with the video of it.

I don't disagree about the comments on the sound of yours, and its a little unfair to comment on the looks (like mine where I but the engine before the cosmetics).
Old 02-12-2013, 03:25 PM

cam noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
I figured the small place added to the clatter, cam must be a flat tap.. as those lash# are to wide for a roller
Its a solid roller.made by comp cams.
the lobe is ground 108/108,256/264,420/420,I use 1.5/1.6 ratio shaft rockers
netting .640 intake lift and just under.600 exhaust lift

re AP,I see that now you were talking to landshark.
I like his car because it does NOT sound like a Porsche
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 AM
FrankenPorsche

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post

The yellow stripes are actually a bit of a joke. I don't take the car too seriously. My wife was complaining about not seeing it on the far side of the track when road racing, so I brightened things up a bit. Honestly I get more thumbs up than down, go figure. 5 year olds love it. Plus I fit in with the Drifters I play with on Sundays.

The car is in for paint this spring along with a body kit. Going solid bright orange. I'm putting the 295s from the rear to the front and then adding 335s to the rear with flares and a lightweight one piece front clip.

Couple pics of the Landshark, or FrankenPorsche as some call it.

Back on topic, when do we get a video of the vette rolling around looking bad ***?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 AM

"Back on topic, when do we get a video of the vette rolling around looking bad ***?"

The car will hope fully get painted in the spring,depends on $$$$$
Im new to taking videos,but I have asked a couple people to help me.The only offers Ive had so far was to drive my car while "I" film it,lol...

BTW, Thanks everyone for posting
we need more videos on this site,lets have some fun here,,,,
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

My daughter took this with her phone! LOL I don't know how to do the Utube thing!

Jester

Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Bubbles is the girl next door

Last journal entry: This makes a huge difference
Last photo:

Popcorn anyone?

That is a nice idle to jester.

LS, if you like the HI impact flash , go with it. The younger kids like the cars done up like super heros.
The Following User Says Thank You to spinn For This Useful Post:
painted jester (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Old & Furious

Nice vinnie sounds sweet. I love a nasty vette. You just cant go wrong. Is this the same car as in your avi? Or is this a new one. I am suprised all the early 80's and late 70's vettes havent been snatched up and built to the hilt. Not many of them command a price worth keeping it orginal. I actually think it increase the price for an 80 with electronic carb, popping the hood and seeing it sorted would make me happy. I herd this said on one of the auction shows about the 80's c3's needed to be done up for the best price.

Landshark nice ride as well, I owned a few vettes and a 86 1/2 928 s 4 valve. Nice to see you tossed the lump of crap porshce calls a motor, a cast chevy with cast iron intake is still 200 pounds lighter and makes more power. cant go wrong there. Yellow stickers are awesome. I would love to see you pull into the porsche club meetings with that thing. Really sucks for the porsche guys cause anything they have to say is negated but your right foot. LOL

Do either of you guys run a single exhuast. I know both cars can usally fit a single 4 inch pipe. 928 is really bad duals usally make less power than even a small single exhuast or drag the ground. I had a single 3 inch pipe on my 928 it flowed way better than i thought. turns out single 4 inch will outflow 2.5 duals.

Vinnie i agree with the videos. We should have a bunch. I think a lot of pics and vids get moved off the engine thread before anyone gets to see them. i know that has happend to me a few times no email or reason just moved and my engine question never answered. i will try again. i got a new motor going into the vette soon should be able to post a vid before summer.

Glad to see a success most of the post on this forum are for failures very little succeful ppl get back on and tell us about the final product. too bad really makes the fourm a little dry with all bad news. most ppl get the car running and just say thanks and are gone. would love to see some success stories.

AP72 dont be hating the yellow stickers. I was going to do flames in front and "with a heartbeat" on the back on mine. Also was dead set on a really bad hood scoop. Porsche club threaten to kick me if i did. LOL So i was really looking forward to it. Anytime you can do something to a porsche that will get you kicked from the Porsche owners group that is awesome. But one of them decided to use his check book instead since mine was in good shape he just bought it from me.

Man that porsche needs a "Max Head Room" Sticker on the rear wing. LOL O wait does anyone still remeber that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hcompton For This Useful Post:
thinwhiteduke (02-14-2013), vinniekq2 (02-13-2013)
Old 02-13-2013, 10:06 AM

I should have used a small hood scoop.Mine blocks a lot of forward vision,combined with mirror its like 2 small wind shields.
Im guessing your Vette is quite loud when you get on the power
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Vinnie:

I designed and molded my scoop to be right in the max air flow its narrow and low and dead center over the carbs, so its off center to the passenger side People really notice its not in the center of the hood!

Jester
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 AM

hcompton
thanks for posting
yes,the avatar car is the car in the video.The car in the video is getting sanded down for paint,hope fully soon,,,,
I would like to spend some time on a chassis dyno, then pull the engine and freshen up,before paint.It all depends on the budget.The economy went down a little so,even though I can spend all my money just as fast,not as much gets done.
Ive never been a numbers matching kind of guy.I like the sound of a healthy engine,any kind,and like it when there is an opportunity for comparitive driving.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.