Time to get out the old 45 and stand guard I guess - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Time to get out the old 45 and stand guard I guess

We just moved into our new home in a fairly nice neighborhood. Sad things are happening here now. Last Sunday I was hanging drywall in my new shop behind our house when my wife called me in. Seems our neighbor came over crying about 7 in the morning. Someone had jumped the back fence in broad daylight, fingerprints show he looked into her bedroom where she was sleeping, he used a barbecue tool to jar open the garage door and was working on stealing her 1 week old Cadillac when she heard the ruckus and frightened them off. Greasy fingerprints everywhere but the police wouldn't come out to investigate. Then today in broad daylight one of our other neighbors had their car stripped right in front of their home with them home. Was sitting on cement blocks when they went outside. Again the police refused to come investigate. I am not looking forward to finishing my shop and moving my Willys and all my tools in there.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 AM
The Dude

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Man Willys, that makes me sick. Good luck with the new pad! I'd put a nice security system on the new shop (and home!) 'cause you know their watching what you're building and what you'll be wheeling in there! And yes... KEEP THE .45 READY TO ROCK!

Rock on and God bless...

Seņor
Old 11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I Love My Willy

Last photo:

Just make a human sized rat trap with a bucket of fried chicken as bait!
Old 11-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willys36@aol.com
We just moved into our new home in a fairly nice neighborhood.
Sorry, but that doesn't sound like a fairly nice neighborhood at all...
Chances are if someone is breaking into houses in the neighborhood, it is someone that lives nearby.Do you have an officer that lives close by? One of his relatives maybe?
One can only hope that I NEVER catch the person that breaks into my house or shop...because if I do, THEY will be calling the police for a rescue.
All I have to say is 3 things...1)Pliers,2)Missing fingernails,3)laquer thinner.
I say shoot first ask questions later...then see how fast the police get there to investigate.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 11-10-2005, 01:46 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebreed
Just make a human sized rat trap with a bucket of fried chicken as bait!

They may not be hungry and skip the food. Instead, place a key ring (not your real keys) in plain sight with a lot of crazy glue as bait. When they are moved a large cage drops from the ceiling. Catch the amazed look on his face with a hidden movie camera, then beat the heck out of him and #####!

Al
Old 11-10-2005, 06:14 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I've been to Jeff's house, it's a very nice neighborhood, that's why the thieves like to hit places like that, what's to steal in the poorer sections of town? Indifferent cops, time for a letter writing campaign to the newspaper. A neighborhood watch group may help your problem. Have your neighbor end the next phone call to the police with an "Oh my God, the neighbor is chasing him with a gun!" and then hang up. The biggest problem I have with theives is, they have more rights than their victims, do you go to jail for busting a thief up with a ball bat or shooting him and losing everything you own when he sues you? Some oldtimey western justice would stop a lot of this. Dan
Old 11-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Or move to Canada.................................Actually, we are getting worse for that kind of thing around here too. Not safe anywhere these days.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:49 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Willys, put the latest high intensity laser sight on the .45 so a nice, visible red or green dot is on the target screaming to be hit by a speeding bullet. This can cause wetting or dirtying the pants or even a heart attack of the would be felon so you may not have to squeeze the trigger. Same thing for my weapon of choice: 19 inch barrel shotgun loaded with alternating rounds of bird shot and 00 buck shot. Having survived 6 years in Dade County, Fla, I feel your discomfort living in these conditions. I kept a loaded gun in every room of my house because of the threat of violent home invasions. Had a plan for anyone captured alive. They were going to be delivered by boat to the South West tip of Fla by boat and set free where they became number 3 on the food chain. If they somehow survived the 80 mile swim/trek through crocodiles, alligators, cotton mouths, saw grass and mosquitoes, they might think twice about their career plans. You could do the same thing with a midnight ride into the Mojave or Death Valley. To help the lesson, donate their Nikes to the Salvation Army drop box(handle with latex gloves)

Trees
Old 11-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

When I moved into a place in down town Lorain

The hookers and their Johns liked to visit the street in front of my house. I set up lights and sat outside with a 12gage pump and a phone to call the cops. Turned on all the lights and pump a round in the 12 gage to kept them in their cars, told them to move it to some where else, most of them did. Ended up putting the lights on a movement sensor and put up dark drapes in the house.

Tazz
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 AM

Last photo:

Rock salt loads in .410 shells easily. It also loads into theives arses easily. Non-lethal and extremely painful if it penetrates.

Larry
Old 11-10-2005, 11:48 AM

Last photo:

I see where the residents of San Francisco just voted to make the possession of a handgun illegal. The law-abiding citizens have until April 1,2006 to turn in their handguns or be in violation. That wouldn't go over very well here in Indiana.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 PM

Last photo:

One of the joys of living in the middle of 80 acres is that to get out they have along way to the border of the property. Sign on the gate says "THIS GATE IS RANGED FOR A 30-06". Also we live at the end of a long dirt road on which there are only 3 more houses neighbors numbers are all on speed dial. It takes a real F-up to mess around in a rural area
Old 11-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA1
I see where the residents of San Francisco just voted to make the possession of a handgun illegal. The law-abiding citizens have until April 1,2006 to turn in their handguns or be in violation. That wouldn't go over very well here in Indiana.

What happens if you don't give up your guns? If it was me and I lived in SF I would not give them up. Thankfully here in Michigan, I don't think we will have this problem, too many sportsman.

willys I suggest that you get yourself some .45 Hydra-Shok Hollow Points they go in the size of a .45 but come out the size of a soda can, then its just your side of the story (dead cant talk).

Steve
Old 11-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Last journal entry: Long Time away
Last photo:

i work on a farm during the summer. I found the best way to get cops out there if they refuse to come, or to come in an unreasonable amount of time, is to tell them they have 5 minutes then the shotgun comes out. You can get into some trouble, but it gets the cops out there. we used that once this summer when a hitch hiker decided to use the barn as a place for the night, we didnt know if the man was dangerous or not so we called the sheriffs they said they could be there in about 45 min. after telling them that after 5 the gun was comming out they got there within 7 min. and not just one but about 12 cops and state patrol. we explained our side of the story and the let us off with a warning and took the guy with them. End of Story
Old 11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Willys how hard is it to get a Cali carry permit? sounds like you need it

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.