Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - timing chain tension
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2003, 09:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

timing chain tension

I just installed a new cam, lifters,and timing gear/chain set....have"nt even got it put back togather yet ,BUT....after finishing installing the chain i noticed that it is really tight..like no free play at all..is this normal on a high performance timing chain set ? or is it that i am just so use to sloppy oem type ?................oh, a little info on the car and type of cam set-up: chev 350/goodwrench 250hp.......crain street racing cam #100052 energizer (454/454 lift) matching cam & lifter set, and a eldelbrock performer dual width-link chain and matching steel gears..(#7800)...its in a 79 vette..........to finish it off i have a new polished elderbrock performer intake to stick on top of it all...thanks for any info you might have on this, i am sure a lot of you guys have installed performance timing chain sets many times in the past ...if they are really that tight ,that should gain a little performance over the oem kind..its sure a sturdy one...VETTE GUY.......

Last edited by VETTE GUY; 06-26-2003 at 09:21 PM.