Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tiny tiny solvent pop?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 08:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tiny tiny solvent pop?

Hey guys, ive got a weird problem, I can hopefully explain well enough in text. Ive been painting cars for a while so am reasonably sure its not a run of the mill issue.

Basically in some circumstances when I paint I get these tiny tiny specs in my paint. They are in a uniform pattern all over the panel and cover every square inch, Im 99.9% sure its not dust. Trust me I unfortunately know all to well what dust looks like stuck in paint.

They are not visible enough to be of real concern; but are bugging me because I know they are there. You can only see them when looking very closley at the right angle with fluorescent lighting. It only happens 1/20 when I paint, im not sure what factors have changed to cause it.

I do wet the booth before painting and last time it happened im reasonably sure it was a hot day, but canít remember exactly as I only noticed them weeks latter. Im thinking that itís some type of reaction but am at a loss so far.

Any thoughts?