Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tip of the day #19
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 08:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Tip of the day #19

Disclaimer: I don't have the means to strip and paint my car at one time so I must do my work a panel at a time the reason I chose to do it this way.

So I tried my hand with an air brush today. I used it to shoot all of my stripped panel edges and weld seems on my car with epoxy sealer since it was bare metal. I am just doing the passenger side. Quarter panel, door, fender. I wasn't quite ready to shoot the rest of the panels and I hated to mix up such a small amount for my HVLP gun. I just wanted to protect these areas from rust before I can do the rest.

I used the little red cap off the top of a WD40 can to mix my epoxy. I dipped it into my epoxy twice and poured it into a mixing cup, then added one cap full of hardener. 2:1. Since I didn't have to tip my paint can to pour, it made minimal mess.

With this small amount, I was able to cover the entire weld seem around my wheel arch, all door edges, fender edges, door jamb edges, and some other areas.