Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   Tip of the day #25 (

jcclark 11-03-2005 10:20 AM

Tip of the day #25
The little 4oz shot glass is an excellant mixing cup for
those small mixes for touch-ups and graphics.
They're heavy glass that resist breakage and easy to wipe clean.
Bondking shows one in his article about blending.
They have ml markings besides ounces. The ml's are very small
increments that make a small mix easy to measure.
You can find them at most liquor and Wall-Mart stores.
You can also find the little stainless cups there too,
like the one Mathew showed in his article.
They make it easy when you want to dip out just a little.

shine 11-03-2005 10:45 AM

i use ketchup cups when stripping. or mixing for my airbrush.

baddbob 11-03-2005 10:51 AM

This is a great tip, should help eliminate some garbage as well (plastic mix cups and other disposable mix containers). Bob

kenseth17 11-03-2005 03:25 PM

So where do you and burger king get yours, walmart or the liquor store? :D
Nice tip.

BondoKing 11-03-2005 07:03 PM

I shop at Jims :thumbup: Nothing like taking from an old guy, just like taking something your dad gives you... you know, just normal :cool:


baddbob 11-03-2005 07:57 PM


Originally Posted by shine
i use ketchup cups when stripping. or mixing for my airbrush.

Shine, Your 37 coupe looks really nice, just right. Is that your work?

jcclark 11-04-2005 05:00 AM


Originally Posted by kenseth17
So where do you and burger king get yours, walmart or the liquor store? :D
Nice tip.

Lickher store, of course.
We had one here in town that changed its name,
used to be Liquor Outlet, we all called it lick her outlet :nono:

crashtech 11-05-2005 10:02 AM

Good tip. For slobs like me that don't like to clean up, they make disposable 4oz. paper cups with 1/4oz. graduations. I can't find them on the net, but if anyone is interested, I can get the part# from work on Monday.

BondoKing 11-05-2005 10:21 AM

Get the number CT... always nice to have more options


MARTINSR 11-06-2005 07:28 PM

I have got to tell you guys, using an inexpensive mixing cup like these (click here) E-Z mix cups are just toooooooooooo nice. When you think of how much paint costs, thirty-80 cents or so for a cup is a bargin. And most important, you KNOW it is right.


BondoKing 11-06-2005 07:46 PM

Glad to have you back Brian


jcclark 11-07-2005 06:23 AM

Brian, those are the exact cups I use too, but for
mixing 1oz of clear with 1/4oz hardener the shot
glass is much more accurate.
It's just for those really small mixes.

P.S. You guys be carefull using paper cups, most have
wax coatings that disolve with paint and gets in
your mix. Don't know what effect that has :nono:

crashtech 11-17-2005 08:28 AM

I finally remembered to look at those little paper cups we use, and guess what, they are EZMIX, as linked above by MARTINSR, but they are the #70004. We buy them by the sleeve, and they do not have any wax on them, but rather some kind of thin shiny coating on the inside, probably plastic. I do not often use the graduations, preferring instead to slap them on the scale and weigh the material. The lines on the cups work though, especially if you put a light source behind the cup to see them better.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.