Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Tip of the day, painting small parts 3-3-12
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000jack
My mistake I thought we we were painting brackets not 24 coats of candy apple red on a vehicle. So we should buy a $100,000 paint booth too to make sure that our brackets are perfect. Nail polisher remover is 10 times more expensive than acetone because they rename it, it is still acetone. Naphtha is wax remover.

Touché, LOL, really, thanks for the knock in the head to wake me up this morning.

Hell, I had a number of bugs get stuck to one of these battery tray brackets and I didn't even clean them off when I bolted it to the car.

So I clearly get your point. The funny part is I didn't even wipe these parts at all! I sandblasted rust and failed paint off them, blew them off and hung and primed them.

But honestly, in my opinion that solvent is such a small part of the process, why cheap out. I mean it would be like trying to keep the price down on your house by buying a cheaper door bell button. I use only automotive grade paint products on my car, I just don't see a big deal, and I am one of the cheapest guys you are going to meet.

Brian