Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders' Lounge (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-lounge/)
-   -   Tip for working on your car, hobbiests and pros alike. (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/tip-working-your-car-hobbiests-pros-alike-229412.html)

MARTINSR 02-10-2013 03:12 PM

Tip for working on your car, hobbiests and pros alike.

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps3c185d97.jpg

(This is a video, click on the pic to start.)

Brian

CrashFarmer2 02-10-2013 06:36 PM

Good advice, I'm pretty bad at following it though. :( I should have had eye protection on today when I was running a chainsaw but it was raining and I just went ahead without it although it's stupid.

sedanbob 02-10-2013 06:52 PM

Good advice! I've always been bad about wearing hearing protection and don't wear a respirator near as often as I should. This is a good reminder, like you said "It adds up". Thanks!

gearheadslife 02-10-2013 06:58 PM

lol,, I need a air ride or hyd. creeper.. one that can be a foot or so off the ground and then lowered to the weeds to get under a car..
for many reasons, but mostly, gettting up from that low without rolling out of it first is a p.i.t.a. and 2nd, reaching stuff on a 4x4 while on one ,doesn't always work..

496CHEVY3100 02-10-2013 07:01 PM

Looks like a YA250 in back ground ,My tip use good welding glove does not matter how hot it is ,and Wear Good boots Nikes just dont do the trick, Im Dealing with a broken toe now ,,Boots were at the house.

Old Fool 02-10-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARTINSR (Post 1644903)

Great video Brian. I am somewhat of a safety Nazi and could not agree with you more. Go home in the same condition you arrived at work, take all precautions that are available to you to achieve that goal.

Being I am old and senile it took me a few minutes to figure out your post was more than a photo. For us less web savvy guys, maybe post click image for video or something similar, thx.

496CHEVY3100 02-10-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearheadslife (Post 1644996)
lol,, I need a air ride or hyd. creeper.. one that can be a foot or so off the ground and then lowered to the weeds to get under a car..
for many reasons, but mostly, gettting up from that low without rolling out of it first is a p.i.t.a. and 2nd, reaching stuff on a 4x4 while on one ,doesn't always work..

Any one use the head light for under car work yet .LOL .:sweat: Good to see you back Cash. Im pretty bad myself did not know it was a video until your post. Very good post Brian My hats off to you saftey first . I often say if I knew i would live this long i would have taken better care of myself, lol ???d\Do you want to be refered to as Martin or Brian.

MARTINSR 02-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Fool (Post 1645003)
Great video Brian. I am somewhat of a safety Nazi and could not agree with you more. Go home in the same condition you arrived at work, take all precautions that are available to you to achieve that goal.

Being I am old and senile it took me a few minutes to figure out your post was more than a photo. For us less web savvy guys, maybe post click image for video or something similar, thx.

Good point! :thumbup:

Brian

sedanbob 02-11-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 496CHEVY3100 (Post 1645008)
Any one use the head light for under car work yet .LOL .:sweat: ...

I have used a head light - looks dorky, but works well - also good for working under the dash!

evolvo 02-11-2013 11:50 PM

[QUOTE=Old Fool;1645003 Being I am old and senile it took me a few minutes to figure out your post was more than a photo. For us less web savvy guys, maybe post click image for video or something similar, thx.[/QUOTE]

Same for me, I sat and looked at the photo trying to figure out what the TIPS where that I wasn't seeing. Scrolled down and saw someone mentioned it was a good video....Ah ha, now I got it!

Brian, shouldn't you have had your hearing protection on when you dumped all those coins on the creeper....they were pretty loud:mwink:

evolvo 02-11-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedanbob (Post 1645253)
I have used a head light - looks dorky, but works well - also good for working under the dash!

That's why you shouldn't have a mirror in the shop, then you won't know how dorky you look, or care!!

MARTINSR 02-12-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvo (Post 1645399)

Brian, shouldn't you have had your hearing protection on when you dumped all those coins on the creeper....they were pretty loud:mwink:

I wear them while using most any air tool, even ratchets. While doing hammer and dolly work on a large project, and certainly with any grinder or sander. I use one with a radio in it while mowing the lawn. :D

Brian

496CHEVY3100 02-12-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedanbob (Post 1645253)

,Last week i bought two new lights for fishing on my pontoon they have red green and white lights and will burn all night, as a joke on my grandsons i put both of them on red and walked from shop to house while they were in yard,should have saw them running.they thought it was aleins or something.

tech69 02-12-2013 09:13 AM

I never pick up a penny unless I have a back support belt, osha approved gloves and underwear and knee pads. so if you drop a penny let me go suit up and I'll go get it....eventually :D

NEW INTERIORS 02-12-2013 09:30 AM

osha commercials now.....:rolleyes: