Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

tips for getting a car to start in below 0* ) weather???

ive tried everyting i can possibly do right now and i can only get the car to try to start

3 days ago the weather strted going below 0 at night , and during the days about 10*

2 days ago my dodge wouldnt start and i killed the battery, so today i got a ride from a friend and picked up a battery charger, a bottle of heet and a can of starting fluid

when i hit the key i can hear the pump kick on and i can hear fuel circulating threw the fuel rail

the staring fluid hasnt really made a difference , i can crank the car and it will psutter but thats it.

unfortunatly i do not have a garage so i opened the hood of the car and put a space heater under the hood and layed tarps over the hood trying to keep the heat in

i just tried starting it and its sputtering more and more but i keep killing the battery

the 2 hours the heater has been under the hood has made it try to start more but it still wont stay running , and now thats its getting later the temp is dropping, before i put the heater under the hood it would sputter once every say 8-10 times the engine turned over. now witht he heater on it for about 2-3 hours it will sputter a few times out of every 4-5 times the motor turns ove rbut nothing more

any tips guys?

should i add another bottle of heet? theres only about 5-7 gallons of fuel in the tank right now